Who wins a fight between all of the Big Ten coaches?

I’m writing in Northwestern S&C bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fleck would need to channel his inner Rey Mysterio and try and luchador his way to victory. Unfortunately, although luchador's have had some success in singles they just aren't equipped to last in a battle royal. Fleck would hang around for awhile and wow the crowd with his agility and acrobatics but eventually make a key mistake like trying to frogsplash into the waiting arms of Fitzgerald.

If it is a no holds barred cage match, I'd go with the thick guy Lovie Smith or Fitz being a former LB extraordinaire.

But, if PJ Fleck has a manager outside the ring, may be he has an outside chance with an eye poke or gouge. He looks like he can wrestle and go toe to toe. Maybe he can wear a brass knuckle hidden under a a glove, make him wear a knee brace with spikes for digging into somebody groin or knees.

He has to play real dirty to win.

In a round robin, you'd end up with Fitzgerald and Frost in the finals.

I gotta believe PJ has some quick hands too.

I think we need more details on how the fight(s) go down.

Is this a battle royal in a square ring simply throwing people out of the ring, or a UFC style match one-on-one for several rounds in some sort of playoff?

I don't think Lovie has the stamina for a UFC style fight. He's have to finish his opponent early or he'll just be dead tired if he doesn't get the knockout.
If he's in an AWA All-Star Wrestling match, he lasts a lot longer. He wouldn't be an early target to get ganged up upon like Harbaugh would, so I think he'd have a much better chance.

PJ would do better in the one-on-one style from an endurance standpoint, but physically he would be at a size disadvantage. He'd have to beat his opponents through stamina and technique. The other option would be for him to just talk a lot during the match which may get some opponents to voluntarily leave as he's been able to do with the fans at TCF Bank Stadium.

Tom Allen would survive for quite a while in a Battle Royal. I don't think he'd be the target of anyone from the start. He could just kind of linger around until there were only 3-4 left, at which point the two remaining favorites would be shocked to see he's still there and both agree to toss him so a legit champ is left.

James Franklin might at some point opt to forfeit or leave the ring as a grand gesture of sportsmanship should his opponent have suffered a bad injury in a previous match and voluntary move the injured into the finals. (UFC style). In a Battle Royal, this wouldn't be possible so he'd probably play things pretty straight up seeking the weakest opponents first to maintain integrity in the process.

If it were in a big enough room, I think PJ makes it to the top 3. Fighting goes against the culture so he'd probably just avoid the conflict and I'm sure he'd have enough cardio to stay away. Once it gets down to 2, I think the other 2 team up and knock out PJ. Unless it is two rival teams who can't do the logical thing and team up.

Not sure who wins but if PJ ever gets fired, he could start the next day as a wrestling manager. He dresses and talks the part.

How I feel about Gopherhole after reading through this thread.

Fitzgerald would be tough. I think a lot of people are forgetting what an athlete Frost is or at least was. He rushed for over a thousand yards in a single season while QB at Nebraska, far more yards in a season than even Tommy Frazier ever did. He also had a decent career as a safety in the NFL. Fleck might be scrappy but I see him as more of a mouthy manager for someone else, like Jimmy Hart the Mouth of the South.

I just wish we could have done this 10 years ago. I am completely convinced that Bielema would have beaten the crap out of 75 year old Joe Paterno- not because of the allegations against PSU, but because it was fun to beat up an old man.

I totally stole this topic from the Nebraska board (www.huskerboard.com). I would post a poll, but this forum allows a maximum of ten choices and that isn't fair to four field generals who would get omitted.

Mike Leach entertained the same question with regard to the Pac-12 coaches. That entertaining exchange is here.

So your options are:

Tom Allen - Indiana
Chris Ash - Rutgers
Jeff Brohm - Purdue
Paul Chryst - Wisconstupid
Mark Dantonio - Michigan State
DJ Durkin - Maryland
Kirk Ferentz - Ioway
Pat Fitzgerald - Northwestern
PJ Fleck - Minnesota
James Franklin - Pedo State
Scott Frost - Nebraska
Jim Harbaugh - Meatchicken
Urban Meyer - The Overrated State University
Lovie Smith - Illinois

Discuss...

If it's a "Hunger Games" battle to the death, I'm going with PJ. If you give them boxing gloves and put 'em in a ring, I'm going with Brohm (in his football career he showed he can take a hit and keep going).

This is the best thread since "oops wrong forum" Well thought out positions and no personal attacks...and entertaining as all get out.

Based upon the consensus at this point and my ignorance to "Pro" wrestling beyond the WWF years, I see Fitz' as Andre the Giant, Harbaugh as Hogan, and PJ as Mr Perfect. Something tells me there's a Bobby the Brain Heenan ending to this one, probably with the use of an oar.

That's it! The oar is the ultimate equalizer.

Based upon the consensus at this point and my ignorance to "Pro" wrestling beyond the WWF years, I see Fitz' as Andre the Giant, Harbaugh as Hogan, and PJ as Mr Perfect. Something tells me there's a Bobby the Brain Heenan ending to this one, probably with the use of an oar.

I like the way you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you never see a fight among sport reporters. They would all be crying before it started and run home.

Well you never see a fight among sport reporters. They would all be crying before it started and run home.

Jay Glazer fights MMA so think he would be fine....now local sports reporters....that would be a sorry state of affairs that would not last long.

Harbaugh would be Rowdy Roddy Piper.

Urban goes between the ropes and hides under the ring and than hits FItzgerald with a foreign object to win.

Top Bottom