Staying Warm during games

This thread makes me proud to be a Minnesotan and Gopher fan. Pumped for the game on Saturday!!

#Section246Crew

I always go with the classic leather choppers with wool liners. I throw a hand warmer in each one and it just kind of floats around to keep it warm, and if my fingers do get a little chilly, I can hold the warmer for a bit to get back up to temp. Plus they are super loud for clapping.

Over-sized pair of insulated "Duck Boots" with plenty of wiggle room. Wear two pairs of socks - an anti-wicking pair with a pair of wool socks on top (you can always remove one of you get over heated. The interior socks will wick sweat away and keep you dry.

Get a pair of real nice leather mittens and and pair of gloves inside with fingers. Wear one of those "Bomber" hats with with ear flaps. Finally, a nice scarf.

Just don't flatulate. You will get a lot of pissed off neighbors because the rotten aroma lingers longer when you are dressed heavy. The smell of that and the smell of cheap hot dogs will not get you many friends.

Last edited:

Is this post for real? Where is the forum for keeping cool in the summer?

Handwarmers and a toe warmer on top AND bottom of your toes... no problem.
I wear insulated hiking boots, and I've no problem.

2 flasks of captain and I'm good to go! ;)

There's some good stuff here. Usually I do
regular long socks plus wool socks
2 sets of underwear
long sleeve undershirt plus another shirt plus a hoodie then my jacket
scarf
gloves
beanie
captain

I second the big warm boot and 1 pair of quality wool socks. Get the toe warmers too if you think you need them but wait until you get to th egame to put them in your boots. Sweating is the main reason most people who dress warm get cold. Plan in layers so you can carry some of the layers to the game with you and you aren't sweating while you walk into the stadium.

Also blankets are a great way to keep you warm, if you wrap your legs in a blanket so you aren't sitting on the cold seat and your legs stay warmer your toes will stay warmer.

Finally drink more beer, if you can't feel the cold are you really cold? ;)
Warmest guy at the game...[emoji41]
1b96d64304a2b24bc98acc37fc10a0ed.jpg

Last week this worked for me.....Fireball whiskey, Gophers get a big lead, jumping and dancing in the aisles.

Would love to do that again on Saturday.

Kwik Trip has hand warmers if you can't get to Fleet Farm. They have everything at Kwik Trip.

A colleague of mine lives by this "If you can't find it at Fleet Farm, you don't need it".

You need for sure a warm cap that covers your ears.

Make sure your boots aren't too tight. You need to leave room for warm socks and still have some wiggle room. Mittens over gloves if you don't need to use your fingers. My best tip to stay warm when it's really cold - don't forget about the neck area. A hooded sweatshirt under a collar or some kind of scarf or neck warmer. Otherwise, personally, I find myself hunkering by chin down and shrugging my shoulders like I'm trying to pull my head inside my coat.

Warm boots are double insulated in the soles and the felt booties.

Note that foot warmers and hand warmer are different. The hand warmers get hot when exposed to air and the foot warmers get hot when you activate them. Get the foot warmers that have adhesive on them and stick them outside of the socks and under the toes. The mittens need an inside liner and they should have plenty of space (not tight) to just drop a hand warmer in between the mitten and liner. Clothing layers should be breathable but block the wind. They should also be loose fitting. Also a fleece neck warmer is great to keep the wind out and keep you warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dress like an ice fisherman, and you'll do just fine.

I bring an electric heater and a really long extension cord.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

In section 246, we like to mock the fancy folks sitting under their lizard lamps eating their sushi.:p

Where is your sushi, peasant?

I'll be a generous god and throw some of scraps down to your section in the 2nd half.

Warm boots are double insulated in the soles and the felt booties.

Note that foot warmers and hand warmer are different. The hand warmers get hot when exposed to air and the foot warmers get hot when you activate them. Get the foot warmers that have adhesive on them and stick them outside of the socks and under the toes. The mittens need an inside liner and they should have plenty of space (not tight) to just drop a hand warmer in between the mitten and liner. Clothing layers should be breathable but block the wind. They should also be loose fitting. Also a fleece neck warmer is great to keep the wind out and keep you warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another tip is to put the warmers on the veiniest (?) part of the hand/foot. Keeps the blood flow warmer.

Where is your sushi, peasant?

I'll be a generous god and throw some of scraps down to your section in the 2nd half.

Haha! It would be frozen by the time it gets to us. It might be too fancy for a hardcore gopher fan in the suites but you might get used to the comfort.

Absolutely. I wore a pair of waterproof winter boots with 450g insulation in the toes and 300g in the rest of the boot and my feet were warm the whole game. I only had one thick pair of wool socks on and did not use warmers. I wear a pair of insulated choppers with extra inserts on my hands. The rest of me is layered at least three layers deep. I don't wear the parka while I am walking into the stadium because I get too hot but once I am standing there it is just fine. I hate being cold.

That's a problem when you are in your 70's and ... um ... "your stream" isn't as powerful as it once was. Can be embarrassing walking back up the steps. Trust me, I know.

That's a problem when you are in your 70's and ... um ... "your stream" isn't as powerful as it once was. Can be embarrassing walking back up the steps. Trust me, I know.

That sucks!

I suggest sitting on the visitors side tomorrow as that side will be in the sun.

I know if you get hot chocolate they give you a nice reusable travel cup - at least they did last time. Do you get one of those if you get coffee? I got my daughter to join me by promising her hot chocolate, but I'll probably get coffee for myself.

Top Bottom