Annual Season Ticket Holder Survey email

West Fargo Gopher Fan

Section 114 Row 2
Reaction score
Just got my survey email. Make sure you complete and send with any questions, comments, concerns, conundrums, etc.

Just got my survey email. Make sure you complete and send with any questions, comments, concerns, conundrums, etc.

I complete mine every year. I do not delude myself that they will change the donation amounts based on my feedback. The other comments I have are less important to me.

WAY short survey this year, in the past they have been way more detailed and such.

I told 'em to do whatever they need to do to fill the stands, and to engage the students- whatever it takes.

Oh, and to lower the beer prices... I think this would actually increase the beer revenue.

my survey crashed twice so I am bored with it.

I told 'em to do whatever they need to do to fill the stands, and to engage the students- whatever it takes.

Oh, and to lower the beer prices... I think this would actually increase the beer revenue.

Was a big increase in beer prices this year. Thats for sure. I used to buy 3-4 beers a game. This year Its been zero or one a game.

If they care about fan experience, one thing they need to adopt is the Mercedes Benz Stadium approach to concessions pricing. It has been reportedly very successful for the Falcons and Atlanta United and has caused some changes elsewhere (including reductions in prices at Texas and UCLA among others).

fanfirstmenupricing-e1495745960799.png

If they care about fan experience, one thing they need to adopt is the Mercedes Benz Stadium approach to concessions pricing. It has been reportedly very successful for the Falcons and Atlanta United and has caused some changes elsewhere (including reductions in prices at Texas and UCLA among others).

Gotta like that. When you're already gouging people for admission, high concession prices add insult to injury.

Unless, of course, the only people you care about are those with money oozing from their pores. But that's a small (and becoming smaller) segment of the population, and skewing in that direction is a horrendous look for a public university.

JTG

It isn't rocket science, but our athletic department is too unwilling to trade any short term revenue for customer satisfaction and loyalty that could pay dividends down the road. Short answer is that the U doesn't care enough about its fans to do something like this.

As Homer Simpson put it, "Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

JTG

It isn't rocket science, but our athletic department is too unwilling to trade any short term revenue for customer satisfaction and loyalty that could pay dividends down the road. Short answer is that the U doesn't care enough about its fans to do something like this.

I'm not positive but I believe the concession prices are decided by the people who run them, not the university. They have some say, I'm sure, but this is usually how it works. The concession prices at Mercedes Benz were negotiated ahead of time by the Falcons owner.

I like that, but I wonder if the U has less flexibility considering they're running all of a few football games, no more soccer.

I like that, but I wonder if the U has less flexibility considering they're running all of a few football games, no more soccer.

I'm not familiar with the U's contract with Aramark, but imagine it covers both athletic and non-athletic purposes (e.g., dorm, special event). That is a lot of potential leverage when negotiating contracts and pricing.

I'm not familiar with the U's contract with Aramark, but imagine it covers both athletic and non-athletic purposes (e.g., dorm, special event). That is a lot of potential leverage when negotiating contracts and pricing.

I would hope so... but they can't even keep sell enough water when people are trying to give them money....

Interesting listen just about this.

<iframe src="https://www.npr.org/player/embed/665396446/665397869" width="100%" height="290" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" title="NPR embedded audio player"></iframe>

If embed doesn't work, it's episode 874.
https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510289...maTND5m9G8n48FrfncokZvXuSQ5CJ5phoCd14QAvD_BwE

Summary, concession companies typically bid on the process and pay owner upfront price and share of profits, so quality goes down and prices go up. Bad consumer experience.
Falcons decided ensure the fan experience was good around food, so they turned the system upside down.

The only way they will change is if everyone complains or if people stop buying concessions.

Every person I know who has recently dropped tickets did not list cost of concessions as a factor.
The steep donations were all that mattered. I notice empty seats or new faces in my section. I bet they do not like paying 10 bucks for a beer, but it isn't a factor for renewing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Every person I know who has recently dropped tickets did not list cost of concessions as a factor.
The steep donations were all that mattered. I notice empty seats or new faces in my section. I bet they do not like paying 10 bucks for a beer, but it isn't a factor for renewing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yep. Keep raising the prices of the tickets and it will only result in more empty seats. It has been proven that a 9 win season isn't enough to sell the place out on a regular basis.

I complained about the PA guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom