Media Prediction Thread: Northwestern at Minnesota

It would be pretty nice to win tomorrow and finish the season 6-1 at home. A nice reward for going to the games.

It would be pretty nice to win tomorrow and finish the season 6-1 at home. A nice reward for going to the games.

It's funny how it has been a wonky season, off schedule..... but still we've had some really memorable games this year.

It's funny how it has been a wonky season, off schedule..... but still we've had some really memorable games this year.

I believe SB Nation described MN as the most schizophrenic team in the country. Are we dominant or a doormat? Depends on the week.

I believe SB Nation described MN as the most schizophrenic team in the country. Are we dominant or a doormat? Depends on the week.

Of all the games so far this year this is the one I am most intrigued to see how we show up. The way we start the game seems to be key as the games we have won or been competitive in we have gotten off to a solid start and the ones we have been blown out in (Maryland, Nebraska, Illinois) we got down early and never recovered.

For 3 quarters against Indiana and against Purdue we were dominant but we all know we are totally capable of getting destroyed by teams as well.

Line, odds, picks, predictions, livestream - Star Ledger (nj.com)

The only problem is the Gophers are now a 2.5 point favorite.

LONG SHOT

Minnesota, 2 1/2-point underdog at home to Northwestern

The Gophers (5-5, 2-5) are a bit of a mystery, beating Purdue by 31 points last week after getting beaten by 24 at Illinois the week before. Northwestern (6-4, 6-1) locked up the West Division title at Iowa last week. The Wildcats have had to grind to get where they are, and it will be interesting to see if there is some letdown now that they're ticket is punched for the Big Ten title game. The Gophers have an opportunity to get bowl eligible before heading to Wisconsin to play for the Axe.

https://www.nj.com

Last edited:

From Buckeyewire.com

Northwestern at Minnesota

Contact/Follow @PhilHarrisonBW: Northwestern
Contact/Follow @TerryPJohnson: Northwestern
Contact/Follow @MarkRussell1975: Northwestern
Contact/Follow @BrentReeves: Minnesota
CONSENSUS PICK: Northwestern

Scarletandgame.com

The Wildcats won the West with their win over Iowa last week. Will they avoid the letdown?

The Golden Gophers are an erratic team. They beat Fresno State and Purdue, but get thumped by Illinois and Maryland.

I think Northwestern wins a close game because it lacks the offensive firepower to pull away.
Wildcats 27-20.

From Buckeyewire.com

Contact/Follow @PhilHarrisonBW: Northwestern
Contact/Follow @TerryPJohnson: Northwestern
Contact/Follow @MarkRussell1975: Northwestern
Contact/Follow @BrentReeves: Minnesota
CONSENSUS PICK: Northwestern
I've always said that Brent Reeves knows his foot all.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Everybody keeps talking about the weather as if the cold is a good thing for us. This week I don’t think it is. Northwestern runs the ball and is very good at stopping the run. Their pass defense seems vulnerable with so many guys out in the secondary, and Thorson is inconsistent.

We need to pass the ball. If it’s cold, let’s hope for a calm day, no wind.

200w.gif

Everybody keeps talking about the weather as if the cold is a good thing for us. This week I don’t think it is. Northwestern runs the ball and is very good at stopping the run. Their pass defense seems vulnerable with so many guys out in the secondary, and Thorson is inconsistent.

We need to pass the ball. If it’s cold, let’s hope for a calm day, no wind.

We got a good look at that robust Northwestern run game today. They almost ran for 100 yards, and it only took them 39 carries to do it!

We got a good look at that robust Northwestern run game today. They almost ran for 100 yards, and it only took them 39 carries to do it!

Hahaha. I laughed when the announcers said “Northwestern is on pace for 100+ yards again today” and they had like 53 yards in 23 carries. Not exactly an amazing running performance.

Top Bottom