Illini vs Georgetown

Great game

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Big Pat workin the towel like John Thompson...

This was one of the most entertaining college games I have seen in a while. Both teams played very high pressure defense and pushed the tempo at all times.

Illinois did not resemble the old Groce teams at all, and Georgetown had a lot more energy than the old Thompson Jr. teams tended to exhibit. I have to give Patrick Ewing a great deal of credit as I had no idea what to expect from him as CBB HC. I expected Underwood to do well at Illinois though.

The white guard from Georgetown of all places, showed one of the best dunks I have seen in college by an under 6-4 player McClung? stole the ball in crunch time near mid court and beat the defender to the rum where he elevated for a two handed 180 dunk with his head not far from the rim. It was as good as anything Rodney Williams ever did.

I think both Illinois and GT will made the NCAA T this year.

This game was very well officiated as well, with very little of the Wisconsin/ Duke type flopping rewarded or even attempted as mentioned on another thread. This game was in fact the opposite of what you would expect to see in a Wisconsin game.

Top Bottom