Phillip Howard moving to CB

Seems like Green could be utilized more split out

Yep...and target him a lot more when he's out there. Seems like he's been more of a decoy and blocker down field, which works but if he got a decent amount of targets/catches and mowed over a few DBs (and LBs!), I think defenses would have to pay a lot more attention to him at WR. He's a real mismatch.

Yep...and target him a lot more when he's out there. Seems like he's been more of a decoy and blocker down field, which works but if he got a decent amount of targets/catches and mowed over a few DBs (and LBs!), I think defenses would have to pay a lot more attention to him at WR. He's a real mismatch.
I would like to see some motion where he switches from being lined up at WR to coming under center. Or the opposite where we come out lined up with Green in the Wildcat and the QB comes under center while Green splits out. I think it has a good chance to catch the defense lined up for a run and we switch to a favorable passing set or vice versa.

I would like to see some motion where he switches from being lined up at WR to coming under center. Or the opposite where we come out lined up with Green in the Wildcat and the QB comes under center while Green splits out. I think it has a good chance to catch the defense lined up for a run and we switch to a favorable passing set or vice versa.
I like the way you think, Matt. Could keep him in on consecutive wildcat looks then move him out wide. TM back under center and perhaps move a fine pass catching TE go wide the other direction. This would be even more effective if the RB in the formation was an excellent pass catcher as well who could go out. Could even do a 3-4 bunch with. TE, Green, another TE and a RB.

I like the way you think, Matt. Could keep him in on consecutive wildcat looks then move him out wide. TM back under center and perhaps move a fine pass catching TE go wide the other direction. This would be even more effective if the RB in the formation was an excellent pass catcher as well who could go out. Could even do a 3-4 bunch with. TE, Green, another TE and a RB.

You like your TEs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fleck may have had to give Rossi Howard in order to sign him as the new DC. :)

You like your TEs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bellicheck has shown that you can never have too many TE's in your red zone passing game.

Just make sure they aren't murderers.

Top Bottom