Mason has Gophers beating NW, UW

I have no idea who the Gophers are. Are they the team who looked completely lost against and were humiliated by three mediocre teams? Or is the team that beat Purdue the one we can expect for the next two (or three?) games?

At this point I would be ecstatic if we finish 7-5. I think our best best is to win one of the next two, and I think that's more likely to be Northwestern. The Wildcats have clinched a trip to the title game, they're fat and happy and maybe resting a few guys. Wisconsin is down, but they're still Wisconsin and they're playing at home on Senior Day. I'll believe we can beat Wisconsin when I see it.

How about if he went 15-0?

Would consider him the greatest coach in the history of CFB, and would be absolutely delighted that he was our coach. Would advocate for a lifetime contract.

But, nope, still wouldn’t like him. He isn’t for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably true. The last guy went 9-4 and there is a contingent that hates him on this board, so anything is possible.

I really don't think there is a lot of hate directed at Claeys. There are a number of us that never viewed him as a long term option at HC but I feel like he is universally praised for what he did as the DC.

That said there are always going to be people that don't like or buy into particular personalities. There are some in this thread that have said the won't like Fleck no matter what happens with the program, I never bought Kill's schtick so I would have had issues with him no matter how well the program had done. My father-in-law is a massive Ohio State fan and he can't stand Urban Meyer no matter how good the team is doing.

Giving this a bump so we know where Grinnin' Glen stands...

I'm not ripping on anyone that says this is our best chance to beat Wisconsin in a while. In fact, I agree - it does look to be our best chance to beat them in a while. There will be a converging set of ingredients that will combine to result in either a glorious win, or yet another loss to add to this unbearable string of losses to the skunks.

1. murmurs (again) of Wisonsin finally entering a long-term slide.
2. Gophers have been terrible on the road
3. Wisconsin with personnel and injury issues all over the place
4. Gophers underwent injury issues too, but most of that was weeks ago.
5. law of averages, at least, have to catch up sooner or later. If the awful 2007 Gopher team could take a game to the wire, one of these years everything HAS to go right.
6. Wisconsin with likely the best rushing attack the Gophers have seen and the Gophers have given up a lot on the ground, on the road
7. Axe emotions - Wisconsin always does a great job of not overlooking the Gophers
8. Purdue game a one week spike after firing D coordinator?
9. Gopher offense continues to improve and left with one final season ending game against a hobbled Wisconsin D.
10. Camp Randal atmosphere possibly the most tame in recent memory
11. Both Wisconsin and Minnesota with very important games on 11/17 where results will either confirm or blow away many of these numbered points.

I said this after the Indiana game but there is a lot to play for in these last games for the Gophers. Everything Fleck is supposedly building is on display and a strong finish and bowl game (not to mention finally getting the axe) have the potential to grow the excitement over this team. Right after I posted that, the Gophers played one of the most disheartening games of the last 20 years against Illinois. But, then along came Purdue - Giving the squad a second chance to possibly set the state for a very exciting 2019.

Another way to look at this: Had the Gophers beaten Illinois, Robb Smith will still be the DC and the Gophers would have probably been routed at home by Purdue.

Bump.

Did Mason eat any crow on BTN...?

I'm guessing not and by noting today's Gophers were not the same as the Purdue Gophers...

Mason better be sweating because the Badgers will be prime to pound us (again) next week. Kiss that $50 goodbye Glen.

Mason better be sweating because the Badgers will be prime to pound us (again) next week. Kiss that $50 goodbye Glen.
Dan Barreiro is wearing his Badger gear in anticipation. I hope bad Dan gives it to the red kettle, Salvation Army or some charity.
Better yet, I hope the bet is a wash when the Gophers win.

Top Bottom