$25 Tickets For the NW Game on Sale Until 11:00AM Thursday

I love it!!!

However, Coyle, Coyle, Coyle, Coyle.....:banghead: (miscalculate much?)

Better seats for similar price in stubhub. Much better seats.

Better seats for similar price in stubhub. Much better seats.

This.

Just purchased tickets two tickets for $45 after fees on Vivid seats that are section 103. I appreciate the U trying to get fans out for the game, but maybe actually offer a deal rather than try to rip off fans smh. :mad:

Lots of tickets like row 6-10 lower level st midfield for $35 after fees. Better than row 20 upper level on a corner.

This.

Just purchased tickets two tickets for $45 after fees on Vivid seats that are section 103. I appreciate the U trying to get fans out for the game, but maybe actually offer a deal rather than try to rip off fans smh. :mad:

That happens in every sport. I don't know of any team that adjusts their prices to beat stubhub or etc.

That happens in every sport. I don't know of any team that adjusts their prices to beat stubhub or etc.

Agreed. I was in Pittsburgh earlier this year and decided I wanted to check out a Pitt game at Heinz Field. Was able to purchase club level seats for $30/ticket on StubHub. Club level at a NFL stadium is fantastic. Guarantee the school wasn't going to match that price.

Well, this outta pack 'em in. :rolleyes:

JTG

Top 25 match-up.

Win to get in a bowl game.

Lower prices.

This should work..... unless demand has nothing to do with those things and everything to do with Ws

I'm going but haven't yet decided if I'll pick up some tickets late Friday night/early Saturday morning on StubHub, or just take my chances and pick something up from a scalper.

Top 25 match-up.

Win to get in a bowl game.

Lower prices.

This should work..... unless demand has nothing to do with those things and everything to do with Ws

You're right, and at least it's something. But it's triage for a self-inflicted wound.

If the U had its price structure and marketing act together, it wouldn't be trying to run a last-minute "deal" to fill up the worst seats in the house while tons of better seats go unsold.

Yes, wins will help. But until we're consistently racking up 9-10 wins a season, pricing will remain a millstone around this program's neck.

JTG

You're right, and at least it's something. But it's triage for a self-inflicted wound.

If the U had its price structure and marketing act together, it wouldn't be trying to run a last-minute "deal" to fill up the worst seats in the house while tons of better seats go unsold.

Yes, wins will help. But until we're consistently racking up 9-10 wins a season, pricing will remain a millstone around this program's neck.

JTG

When people can't give tickets away and the folks who paid no show.... it's not the price.

This.

Just picked up 3 for $63.99 in same section.

When people can't give tickets away and the folks who paid no show.... it's not the price.

If you think it's not price, why did we lose 1/3 of our season ticket holders in the two years after the price increase? Especially when the first of those years immediately followed a NYD bowl appearance?

There are some basic marketing principles at play here. If you have a product that's trying to grab market share, you can do so three ways:
1) Tremendous product
2) Great price
3) Extraordinary marketing

1 -- Let's be honest, it's been a rough half-century for Gophers football. It's gonna take more than one or two seasons to change that perception.

2 -- See my first sentence in this post.

3 -- What marketing? (Ticket giveaways tied to pizza purchases? That literally screams, "Hey, we ****ed up, so please take these free tickets so we don't look so bad.")

Seems to me #2 is the low-hanging fruit.

JTG

Last edited:

If you think it's not price, why did we lose 1/3 of our season ticket holders in the two years after the price increase? Especially when the first of those years immediately followed a NYD bowl appearance?

There are some basic marketing principles at play here. If you have a product that's trying to grab market share, you can do so three ways:
1) Tremendous product
2) Great price
3) Extraordinary marketing

1 -- Let's be honest, it's been a rough half-century for Gophers football. It's gonna take more than one or two seasons to change that perception.

2 -- See my first sentence in this post.

3 -- What marketing? (Ticket giveaways tied to pizza purchases? That literally screams, "Hey, we ****ed up, so please take these free tickets so we don't look so bad.")

Seems to me #2 is the low-hanging fruit.

JTG

You're asking why attendance dropped from 2014 to 2015?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Minnesota_Golden_Gophers_football_team

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Minnesota_Golden_Gophers_football_team

Take a look at those schedules, events, and results.

All I know is last Saturday was one of the most fun games I have seen in person, it’s good to buy from athletic Dept if the price is similar (you can sit anywhere), and I’m hoping for a repeat vs jNW.

You're asking why attendance dropped from 2014 to 2015?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Minnesota_Golden_Gophers_football_team

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Minnesota_Golden_Gophers_football_team

Take a look at those schedules, events, and results.

Correct, conference schedule has been a tough draw.

2014 Big Ten Home Opponents were 29-23 overall and only 5 ranked teams at home over this time.
2015 31-20 overall
2016 24-27 overall
2017 33-30 overall
2018 22-18 overall

Last edited:

To fill the stadium for game like this, against a team like Northwestern on a 25-degree day, you need season ticket holders. Low-cost single game tickets may bring in a few hundred extra people, but season tickets are the driver of these games that the masses find unattractive for one reason or another. And the weather is a big reason.

All I know is last Saturday was one of the most fun games I have seen in person, it’s good to buy from athletic Dept if the price is similar (you can sit anywhere), and I’m hoping for a repeat vs jNW.

So true! everyone who was there was a huuuuuuuuge gopher fan and it was a great shared experience. One guy bought everyone hot chocolate at 7.50 a pop. i think cardboard guy and son even got in on the deal.

Lots of tickets like row 6-10 lower level st midfield for $35 after fees. Better than row 20 upper level on a corner.

There are lots of "pizza" area type tickets and other upper deck corner tickets for $10 on Stubhub, pre-fee cost of course. There are lots of real good tickets for under $30, although I'd just pay for the cheap ones and find somewhere closer to sit if need be.

I think we will see better visitor (or at least wearing the NU colors) fans this week than we have seen the last two home games.

So true! everyone who was there was a huuuuuuuuge gopher fan and it was a great shared experience. One guy bought everyone hot chocolate at 7.50 a pop. i think cardboard guy and son even got in on the deal.

Yup, small crowd, but everyone was into the game. Similar to the Indiana game, but the crowd was even more into it.

Funny how that works, on and off year, but with an exciting offense the crowd seems more into it.

Top Bottom