Depth Chart vs Northwestern

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Noticed the Philip Howard is listed as a DB on this week's depth chart.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I forgot we still had him. I thought he had transferred schools.

That will give Philip a better chance of seeing some playing time. He's a good athlete, but the competition right now at WR is really good.
Where the offense is at this week compared to last year at this time is night and day. Remember the pass catchers that were available for the last two games vs NW and Wi?

I was just going to come on here and post that about Howard. I was thinking that could be a good move for him, since he hasn't been on the field much as a WR. He's listed with Thomas and Harris both CBs, but can he play safety?

I hope the Gophers come out with gusto like they did against Purdue. I bet some of them are embarrassed/pissed about how the game at NW went down last year. I know I was not a happy camper in the stands.

I hope the Gophers come out with gusto like they did against Purdue. I bet some of them are embarrassed/pissed about how the game at NW went down last year. I know I was not a happy camper in the stands.

Worst experience at a game ever. Cold, snowy, wet, blowout.

Remember the pass catchers that were available for the last two games vs NW and Wi?

Against jNW:
Still - 1 catch for 36 yards
Smith - 1 catch for 7 yards

That's it for the entire game.

Against wisconsin:
Reger - 1 catch for 24 yards
Smith - 2 catches for 14 yards

That's it for the entire game.

He is listed at WR as well. Interesting.

And those pass catching totals from last year read like a stalled drive, not an entire game

I was just going to come on here and post that about Howard. I was thinking that could be a good move for him, since he hasn't been on the field much as a WR. He's listed with Thomas and Harris both CBs, but can he play safety?

With the guys we have at receiver he wasn't going to see any action there and the defensive backfield is thin so if he can make the transition seems like a great way to use him. Guessing he played DB in high school so hopefully not a super difficult transition for him to make.

We were obviously tanking it at the end of last season in hopes of getting a higher draft position. :p

JTG

Worst experience at a game ever. Cold, snowy, wet, blowout.

Yes it was. The most miserable conditions I've ever experienced at a football game. Freezing rain, wind howling and blowing sideways. And we got shut out.

I'd thought the same thing, seems like a great move. Howard is an excellent athlete and played some DB in high school.

Top Bottom