McMurphy taking another swing at Urban Meyer

CurveballJesus

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I read that article elsewhere.

There was some fight with Grimes and Zach Smith but beyond that exactly what was said isn't known... and the claim of a "cover up" seems to just be innuendo about times meetings happened that could have happened for any other reason.

Who knows what to believe anymore? All I know is that I will never send my kid to Urban Meyer. But, the fact that he runs cross country and even then usually finishes in the middle of the pack might be the real reason he’ll never play there.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press to embark on personal vendettas, or to sully the image of journalism, or of reporting allegation as fact to garner clicks and outrage.

Wierd Zack Smith is still a free man with all the evidence. Statute of limitations not reached.

It was hard to read through that meandering tale through a jumbled mind but essentially: the player denies the alleged incident with Zack Smith ever happened, the father states it happened but has a criminal history, the player states he hasn’t spoken to his father in 2 years, and McMurphy is harassing the player’s mother to the point of her hiring a lawyer; said mother states she has stage IV cancer and an oncologist to attest to that. McMurphy insinuates he thinks the player was allowed to transfer to Florida as an olive branch and quid pro quo over an utterance of a racial epithet by Zack Smith at practice.

This is truly deranged reporting. McMurphy has hit a new low, if that’s possible. Bouncing along the bottom. Fascinating in a wierd way.

It was hard to read through that meandering tale through a jumbled mind but essentially: the player denies the alleged incident with Zack Smith ever happened, the father states it happened but has a criminal history, the player states he hasn’t spoken to his father in 2 years, and McMurphy is harassing the player’s mother to the point of her hiring a lawyer; said mother states she has stage IV cancer and an oncologist to attest to that. McMurphy insinuates he thinks the player was allowed to transfer to Florida as an olive branch and quid pro quo over an utterance of a racial epithet by Zack Smith at practice.

This is truly deranged reporting. McMurphy has hit a new low, if that’s possible. Bouncing along the bottom. Fascinating in a wierd way.

Losing your job will do that to you. Also, Urban kinda started this by calling him an idiot (paraphrased) when asked about Zach Smith originally.

Take a peek at Zach Smith's Twitter account.
Sad, hilarious, entertaining and thought provoking all in one place.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Take a peek at Zach Smith's Twitter account.
Sad, hilarious, entertaining and thought provoking all in one place.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Seems like a lot of retweets regarding McMurphy which seems pretty benign. He’s no angel but that entire extended family seems to have the “trailer trash” drama mentality. He’ll never coach at a high level again.

McMurphy’s mistake this time around was thinking everyone would jump in line again without looking at the facts, and not having a sympathetic female figure as the victim, and (again) not having reliable sources. It doesn’t help that, again, everyone near to the story refutes it.

One can almost see Brett sitting up at night dreaming of ways to “get” Urban Meyer and Ohio State. Allegations of domestic assault worked the first time, surely race baiting would work this time. Destroying two family’s reputations for eternity, scarring their kids for life? Harassing a cancer patient? Immaterial. Should have stopped at the Nijmegen bridge.

Last edited:

ALOT of guys tweeted that this is all BS. Even the Tate guy who is Grimes best friend said that this never happened.

I guess it is possible that this still did happen and everybody is lying for some reason, but that still leaves you at a place where there is serious doubt as to the underlying truth of this story. In another time this would be a no brainer that it simply couldn't be reported, but today's journalists, especially McMurphy, have roughly the same standards as a high school girl in what they are willing to repeat.

This isn't just specific to this story, but it is sad that it is now perfectly acceptable to put things in print that MIGHT be true.

Newspapers used to have a gossip section, not really much point in having a separate section for that anymore.

Remember the Star Trib guy (sports editor?) that tweeted out that there was something huge coming out and "Kill couldn't aw shucks his way out of this"? But in the end all he had was a few emails that didn't say a whole lot.

Remember the Star Trib guy (sports editor?) that tweeted out that there was something huge coming out and "Kill couldn't aw shucks his way out of this"? But in the end all he had was a few emails that didn't say a whole lot.

Yeah **** that guy.

Top Bottom