2020 DE Aaron Witt commits!

Nice to get a commitment from Witt. Interesting that the badger rivals guy thinks they will keep recruiting him.

His Hudl film is pretty impressive. 6'5", 230. Big kid, frame to add more weight too. Welcome aboard.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/7605133/5b81fdb13449e10a7cb247f9' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Iowa offered Witt at their camp this Summer and Iowa State wanted him too. He loves the weight room and is athletic. Big upside!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

2nd of hopefully several more of the higher level MN kids in this class.

I love seeing us sign the MN. players = close the borders !

Was thinking Joel Staats, number 8 all time in tackles.
Didn't even think about Paul Giel.
another Winona product would be Jay Carroll, but he was from Cotter.

Welcome!! Excited for incredibly talented in state recruits to be committing early and setting the tone for what’s to come!

Great pickup. Can see why Iowa offered. Despite the seventh grade 247 photo looks like a future impact player. That size and strength in 2–3 years will be something.

Hope he isn't a big Notre Dame fan and will one day betray his Alma mater and steer his more talented son to go there. That would be the worst.

Witt is as legit as they come. He wouldn't commit to Minnesota if he wasn't 100% in. Hopefully him and Manns can propel the rest of the 2020 class into staying home.

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing you in front of friends, family and MN in a couple years.

I can't imagine a MN kid committing and then flipping to another school. If he had thoughts of going elsewhere, why even commit. I believe he was a captain as a Junior this year.

I'm old and all, but man that photo makes him look like he's in jr. high, too small for his pads, and not anywhere near 230 ;)

I love seeing us sign the MN. players = close the borders !

Make Wisconsin pay for them!

Actually if we were a company from Taiwan they probabbly would just hand over taxpayer dollars to us..... we should think about that....

I can't imagine a MN kid committing and then flipping to another school. If he had thoughts of going elsewhere, why even commit. I believe he was a captain as a Junior this year.

It is rare, but not unprecedented. In 2016, Matt Kegel was a Gopher commit before flipping to Oklahoma St. In 2012, Andre McDonald was a Gopher commit, then flipped to Vanderbilt before flipping back to us. If I remember right, the only reason he flipped back was because the position coach who recruited him at Vandy left for another gig. Those are the only two I can think of in recent history. Going further back, Lydon Murtha may be another example. I seem to think he was on his way to the U at one point, though I can't remember if he was actually committed or not.

Also, welcome, Mr. Witt, and thanks for choosing to stay home and represent your home state! With him and Mann, we are off to a great start for 2020.

They're kids, they don't know much about the world.... it seems crazy we tell kids to make this choice... they know squat.

Top Bottom