Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

On "flipping" - the old days of the gentlemen's agreement is long gone. If a kid commits to School A, that might just make School B and C recruit him that much harder. The Early signing date was supposed to address that, but all it did was move up the timetable and make schools try that harder to flip key recruits. If a kid is truly 100% committed, great. but, if a kid (or his parents.......) starts having second thoughts, and School B is putting on a big push, then it's not that hard to understand why kids might flip.

Imagine being a Purdue commitment, then watching Purdue play against the Gophers last week. Or conversely, imagine being a Gopher commit, and watching the Illinois game. I'm actually surprised there isn't more flipping going on.

I’m not sure if this was ever discussed but has there been any chatter about Witt being recruited as a TE? His rivals video has a fair amount of footage of him there.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...on-witt-230564

Go Gophers!!

Funny reading back on this thread. A lot of frozen takes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We cooled on him

Official visit to Iowa planned for him

Seriously. What does Iowa have that his home state of Minnesota doesn't have?

Quote Originally Posted by PoockItInfor6 View Post
    Welcome!! Excited for incredibly talented in state recruits to be committing early and setting the tone for what’s to come!
    Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by AtTheLibrary View Post
    Official visit to Iowa planned for him

Is this a joke or no?

I can't fault kids for looking at other schools but to be honest Minnesota football isn't a big hotbed so I don't get too concerned with missing out on in state talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw
    Rebuilding Michigan is like cleaning a house, rebuilding Minnesota is like building a house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Killjoy
    I also find the way he (Kill) relates to the recruits and their families quite impressive. This guy knows what he is doing and is very focused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Carter
    "If you don't shape up, you'll end up back home in Pompano Beach with nothing to do, just another former Florida high school star talking about how he could have played in the NFL." On Michael Carter

Default 2020 DE Aaron Witt commits!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnGopher View Post
    Is this a joke or no?
    No

https://twitter.com/aaronjwitt13/sta...777111553?s=21
    Last edited by AtTheLibrary; 05-15-2019 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SM_25 View Post
    Witt is as legit as they come. He wouldn't commit to Minnesota if he wasn't 100% in. Hopefully him and Manns can propel the rest of the 2020 class into staying home.
    Oops

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 4four4 View Post
    I can't fault kids for looking at other schools but to be honest Minnesota football isn't a big hotbed so I don't get too concerned with missing out on in state talent.
    I make a point of not getting overly invested in a recruit until after signing day at the earliest and even then it is pretty pointless to project much until they get on campus and actually prove they can play. Stinks when guys, especially local ones, decommit but it is what it is.

There are a lot of solid football players in this state but the true impact guys are few and far between so yeah odds are a kid like Witt wasn't going to be a star but he could of been a very good player potentially. All part of recruiting, guys "commit" then change their mind, some come back some move on....

He has now tweeted out offers from Ohio, NDSU, Wyoming, and Northern Iowa. Interesting social media behavior right away... is this spiteful?