Early spread

Dang. Vegas is buying the Joe Rossi bump.

Wow.

Unexpected from a couple days ago.

I think this means we will be favored at Wisconsin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d pick northwestern.

And I would’ve picked the gophers +12 over Purdue last week

Purdue favored by 5.5 over Wisconsin at home.

Yes, apparently our shellacking of Purdue at home made a bigger impression than Northwestern's victory on the road over Iowa.

Northwestern doesn't tend to blow people out. 4 of their 6 wins were by 4 points or less. That fact combined with potential for cold weather again means that a low scoring game could be on the table. Makes sense that the spread would be fairly small in their favor.

Northwestern doesn't tend to blow people out. 4 of their 6 wins were by 4 points or less. That fact combined with potential for cold weather again means that a low scoring game could be on the table. Makes sense that the spread would be fairly small in their favor.

They do seem to have the knack of being on the right end of close games.

They do seem to have the knack of being on the right end of close games.

Yep, they are rarely flashy but they get the job done more often then not.

Northwestern just doesn't make mistakes.
They win by playing a cleaner game.

In the cold, hopefully they don't score many points.

And of course, our offense is made for the cold. They embrace it. They know we can slap 30-40 points on the board when it gets cold because our freshman WR's (and TJ) love catching frozen footballs. They know that's a talent that will be sought after by cold location NFL teams like Green Bay and Buffalo.
Bryce Williams has mastered the art of turning a corner at a high rate of speed on frozen, slippery turf.
Mo Ibrahim knows how fingers grasping as his jersey move slower when frozen, so it's easier for him to run through tackles.
Morgan is a model of how to stay composed while freezing his butt off, and still being able to make the right throws into frozen wind.

Gophers are now a 1 Point Favorite as of Wednesday night.

Gophers are now a 1 Point Favorite as of Wednesday night.

Wow. It's up to -1.5 in some places. There's not much faith in NW among the betting public. 98% of moneyline bets are on MN winning the game. Maybe that's because there was a juicy + number in front of them when this opened, but still that's incredible when you're talking about the West division champs playing a team that got crushed by Illinois 10 days ago. Wow.

Gophers favored by two now.

Gophs have won three of last five. Won last two in Mpls.

Last five recruiting recruiting classes ranked fairly even.

If he rests Thorson, does a more mobile quarterback actually hurt Gophers chances?

Mobile QBs were Robb Smith’s Kryptonite. Is Joe Rossi’s D able to stop them? That’s the biggest unknown.

NW is also down to 3rd and 4th string defensive backs because of injuries and more than likely not rushing any of them back. TM, TJ, RB & CAB must be itching to get out there this week.

Tempted to throw $50 on northwestern to win. Either I make some money or lose and the Gophers win. I like both outcomes.

Up to 2 points now.

As much as it's no fun to do this, I think it's time to bet Northwestern.

I'm stunned at this line which flies in the face of most computer numbers. Northwestern has won 13 of 14 games in Big Ten play and annihilated the Gophers last year. I thought the D looked sharp last week, but Mother of God...

Someone betting the Gophers is betting on a whole lot of 2+ year trends reversing because one good game. Gophs destroyed Nebraska by 30+ last year the week before losing 39-0 to the Cats.

Northwestern just doesn't make mistakes.
They win by playing a cleaner game.

In the cold, hopefully they don't score many points.

And of course, our offense is made for the cold. They embrace it. They know we can slap 30-40 points on the board when it gets cold because our freshman WR's (and TJ) love catching frozen footballs. They know that's a talent that will be sought after by cold location NFL teams like Green Bay and Buffalo.
Bryce Williams has mastered the art of turning a corner at a high rate of speed on frozen, slippery turf.
Mo Ibrahim knows how fingers grasping as his jersey move slower when frozen, so it's easier for him to run through tackles.
Morgan is a model of how to stay composed while freezing his butt off, and still being able to make the right throws into frozen wind.

Can confirm it's also cold here in Chicago. Even colder in Evanston!

Gophers favored by two now.

Gophs have won three of last five. Won last two in Mpls.

Last five recruiting recruiting classes ranked fairly even.

If he rests Thorson, does a more mobile quarterback actually hurt Gophers chances?

Has there been any indication he plans to sit Thorson? I haven't seen that anywhere but certainly could have missed it. Not sure the backup is all that mobile either way since according to their stats he has 9 attempts for 12 yards and a TD rushing.

This is a great game for a Hedge Bet.

Bet Northwestern. Hope for a one point Gopher win.

Top Bottom