Maroon, Maroon, Gold

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
Just wanted to start another uniform thread and point out that yesterday was the first game this season with gold pants.
I thought the uniforms looked great yesterday.

My daughter said they looked like the Washington Redskins. She was right.

Not a bad look, though.

JTG

Just wanted to start another uniform thread and point out that yesterday was the first game this season with gold pants.
I thought the uniforms looked great yesterday.

I didn't mind the color combo, just wish they could put names on the jerseys.

My daughter said they looked like the Washington Redskins. She was right.

Not a bad look, though.

JTG

True. As we keep changing combos we have no "strong identity" as to the uniforms. We can look like USC and ASU as well.

Wore the same combo for Miami of Ohio game
It's my preferred home combo...most common home combo over the past 40 years.

Last edited:

I don't mind the "Minnesota" or "Golden Gopher" thing on the back maybe once a year. I get the sentiment.

On the other hand, why the hell did it ever become passe to put that on the front of the jersey?

(Yeah, I know, to have more varieties of jerseys to sell. That doesn't make it a good reason, though.)

JTG

That is my only gripe about the uniforms yesterday as well. I would much rather have the players names on the back because we have so many young and new players it gets tough to keep them all straight sometimes. Color combo looked good.

Wore the same combo for Miami of Ohio game
It's my preferred home combo...most common home combo over the past 40 years.

Good call.
I wasn't aware.

Agree on getting the names on the jersey.

We have one home game left. I am thinking gold pants with anthracite, maroon helmets.

Road game vs Wi. Chrome gold,, white, gold.

We have one home game left. I am thinking gold pants with anthracite, maroon helmets.

Road game vs Wi. Chrome gold,, white, gold.

How do you feel about the names not being on the jerseys?

Not sure who they get their decals from, but I noticed quite a few times yesterday that our players were having them fall off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure who they get their decals from, but I noticed quite a few times yesterday that our players were having them fall off.

I wonder if it had to do with it being so cold.

I agree with the names being pulled from the back. I could live with it once per season but now it appears they are going to do this every game, which is very lame in my opinion. It just looks dumb to me.

These uniforms are a step backwards to me from the very sharp looking uniforms of the Kill era. I’d rank the current uniforms in about a tie with Mason era uniforms but ahead of the Brewster models.

Some of the colors, specifically the anthracite and even the gold look a bit “washed out” compared to their Kill-era counterparts.

The reflective gold helmets look like they are about 10 years too late to register as “cool” and as many have complained about - the beaver tail stripes are not to my taste at all.

All in all, Gopher uniforms are now somewhere between “yawn” and “meh” to me. Unfortunately we are stuck with them for a while with not even easy fixes (pull off the beaver tails, put player names on the back) being accomplished.

And yes, our helmet decals were having major problems yesterday for several players. This didn’t seem to be an issue for Purdue. But I’d rather come in first place on the scoreboard if we can’t have everything.

How do you feel about the names not being on the jerseys?

I'd prefer seeing the actual names.

Golden Gophers is okay for a week or so, but names would be nice.

I wonder if it had to do with it being so cold.

It’s happened in other games this year as well and as another poster pointed out, Purdue wasn’t having that problem.
Not a huge issue as the W was awesome, but the company they’re getting the decals from needs to change their glue formula or something.

I am a fan of PJF but those ugly oar stickers are too much and yesterday they were peeling off.

Have I ever mentioned that I don't care what the Gophers wear, or wether or not there is an oar on the helmet?

Have I ever mentioned that I don't care what the Gophers wear, or wether or not there is an oar on the helmet?

I have no idea because I don’t recall reading any of your posts so they apparently were not memorable to me. However, if you have mentioned it - that means you must be spending a decent amount of time hanging around discussions about uniforms, especially for a guy that doesn’t care about uniforms.

I have no idea because I don’t recall reading any of your posts so they apparently were not memorable to me. However, if you have mentioned it - that means you must be spending a decent amount of time hanging around discussions about uniforms, especially for a guy that doesn’t care about uniforms.

I try to lay low and hide in the background.

Top Bottom