Wait a minute. You mean the Minnesota won?

TBrew

Reaction score
I thought Jeff Brohm would defeat the Gophers with fire from is eyes and lightening bolts from his arse. What gives?

Those that steered their attention away yesterday due to the weather, or the debacle in Champaign last week missed out on a dandy.

The shocked look when I told my bride the score upon arriving home was priceless.

I thought Jeff Brohm would defeat the Gophers with fire from is eyes and lightening bolts from his arse. What gives?

Great [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If there were never any surprises or upsets, far fewer people would watch sports. It would be like watching a play or a movie where you know the ending in advance.

But - let's be honest. How many people really believed - not hoped, but believed - before the game that the Gophers would win in a rout?

If you hooked Fleck up to a lie detector before the game, he might have said they had a chance to win, but 41-10 - no bleepin' way. I think this game surprised everyone.

But - let's be honest. How many people really believed - not hoped, but believed - before the game that the Gophers would win in a rout?

Well, no one in the media. And almost no Gophers fans either (at least in terms of the rout part).

Well, no one in the media. And almost no Gophers fans either (at least in terms of the rout part).

Some of us decided to just pick the Gophers in a closer win. We saw no need to embarrass Purdue in advance or possibly skew attendance. :D

A 41-10 final wouldn't have shocked anyone in that game but if you had asked 100 people which team would have 41 and which would have 10 I guarantee 99-100 of them would have put Purdue on the 41. I'm not shocked that we won but never in a million years would I have predicted we would win in a blowout.

A 41-10 final wouldn't have shocked anyone in that game but if you had asked 100 people which team would have 41 and which would have 10 I guarantee 99-100 of them would have put Purdue on the 41. I'm not shocked that we won but never in a million years would I have predicted we would win in a blowout.

Yeah, I didn't see it either. Even after totally shutting them down for the first half (if I remember right, Purdue's only score that half was off of a turnover in our territory), going into the half I was afraid they would take a deep breath, reset, and come out guns blazing in the second half. Haven't been this pleasantly surprised by a Gopher performance in a while.

Top Bottom