Saturday's announced attendance of 31,068 was the lowest in TCF Bank Stadium history.

Not surprising.

Lower the prices. Win some more games. Problem solved.

JTG

key word being "announced." meaning tickets sold - not butts in seats. I suspect somebody somewhere keeps an actual turnstile count. It would be interesting to see what the "real" attendance was on Saturday.

key word being "announced." meaning tickets sold - not butts in seats. I suspect somebody somewhere keeps an actual turnstile count. It would be interesting to see what the "real" attendance was on Saturday.

Every person that enters gets a ticket scanned. They know exactly how many people entered the gates.

That's ironic, considering it was probably also the best the Gophers have ever played at TCF Bank Stadium.

31k my ass
978-B5615-2-BC4-4-BF2-9389-7-B1-BCF44-F368.jpg

Can we set a record three games in a row this Saturday? I think we can!

I saw tickets laying on ground and one literally on recycling can outside gate

31k my ass
978-B5615-2-BC4-4-BF2-9389-7-B1-BCF44-F368.jpg

This had to be at the end of the game when the Gophers went up 41 to 3, a lot of fans had already left because it was a blowout. Purdue is receiving one of many kickoffs in this picture. It was a fun atmosphere!

Last edited:

Instead of looking at pictures on my couch at home and bitching about it, I was actually there. At the height of attendance, it was surprisingly full for cold weather and a team that had played like absolute dogsh1t coming in. By the end of the game (I was there for that too) there were maybe 5,000 in the stands. But at its peak, there were at least 30,000.

Instead of looking at pictures on my couch at home and bitching about it, I was actually there. At the height of attendance, it was surprisingly full for cold weather and a team that had played like absolute dogsh1t coming in. By the end of the game (I was there for that too) there were maybe 5,000 in the stands. But at its peak, there were at least 30,000.

Only 1K in no-shows! For a team that averaged 17K in no-shows last year, what a turn-around!

I was one of the ones who was there at the start but not at the end. Didn't want to leave, but had a wedding to get to. My mother in law picked my wife and I up at the stadium, she said there was a steady bleed of fans she saw leaving, even in the first half.

Only 1K in no-shows! For a team that averaged 17K in no-shows last year, what a turn-around!

Your obsession with Gophers attendance is really, really weird. Where are you getting this alleged 17k no-shows per game figure? I was at every home game last year (as I almost always am) and that number is not accurate.

GopherVotary, do we have to get the White House involved to outline several photos of the crowd where this can be analyzed further and compared to the crowds from inauguration day?

Will that please you?

I was there the entire game. Wasn't even close to 30k at any point but I don't even care. We had a blast.

I was there the entire game. Wasn't even close to 30k at any point but I don't even care. We had a blast.

It was. And you're right, it was an absolute blast - probably the most fun I've had at a Gophers game.

Were you the guy with the beard and choppers they kept showing on TV? I thoroughly enjoyed the game in my nice warm yurt. I guess the camera angles made it seem like less than 30,000 for the entire game.

Late first quarter for reference. I do think once the team starts winning the place will fill up for cold games. They’re so fun to be at.

19675939-FA7-B-497-C-956-E-12-CD4066308-E.jpg

... it was an absolute blast - probably the most fun I've had at a Gophers game.

I was about to reply on this thread with this same exact point. The whole day from tailgating to the butt-whipping the team put on Purdue was about as much fun as I could ask for. Those folks that chose to stay home and not use their tickets missed out on a really fun time. Too bad for them.

I was about to reply on this thread with this same exact point. The whole day from tailgating to the butt-whipping the team put on Purdue was about as much fun as I could ask for. Those folks that chose to stay home and not use their tickets missed out on a really fun time. Too bad for them.

A little disappointing to see the upper part of the student section looking empty. We still have a pretty old fanbase so not surprised a lot of them would stay away in the cold. Those that showed up got their money's worth and then some.

If the team can start to play with some consistency, and the wins start coming, the fans will come back as well.

Lower the prices. Win some more games. Problem solved.

This. I live minutes from campus, but the prices and performance has discouraged me. Also, I hate the oar branding on the helmet.

This had to be at the end of the game when the Gophers went up 41 to 3, a lot of fans had already left because it was a blowout. Purdue is receiving one of many kickoffs in this picture. It was a fun atmosphere!
The score is shown in the picture: 3-3, first quarter.

Anybody claiming price is keeping them from the game has never heard of StubHub or walked to a game past the numerous people looking to sell or even give away extra tickets. Right now you can buy tickets to the Northwestern game for $17 on StubHub.

Anybody claiming price is keeping them from the game has never heard of StubHub or walked to a game past the numerous people looking to sell or even give away extra tickets. Right now you can buy tickets to the Northwestern game for $17 on StubHub.

Even at full price, Gopher football tickets are a steal.

I was one of the ones who was there at the start but not at the end. Didn't want to leave, but had a wedding to get to. My mother in law picked my wife and I up at the stadium, she said there was a steady bleed of fans she saw leaving, even in the first half.

That's the way to do it.

On the the other hand, I'm amazed at the number of posters on this board that "can't go because of family commitments". When I lived in the Twin Cities and had full season tickets from 1999-2012, I missed 2 home games out of 91 due to family events. Of course, my family almost never scheduled an event on a home game weekend unless it involved going to the game.

Were you the guy with the beard and choppers they kept showing on TV? I thoroughly enjoyed the game in my nice warm yurt. I guess the camera angles made it seem like less than 30,000 for the entire game.

Upper deck or lower?

This. I live minutes from campus, but the prices and performance has discouraged me. Also, I hate the oar branding on the helmet.

You don’t attend games because of helmet design?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don’t attend games because of helmet design?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Price and performance.
However, I agree with mag...those d@mn beaver tails have to go!!!

Top Bottom