Saturday's announced attendance of 31,068 was the lowest in TCF Bank Stadium history.

I don't blame people for not going now.

On the other hand we've had some really excited and energetic crowds at home this year. More than in past years.

An offense really spices things up energy wise.

The score is shown in the picture: 3-3, first quarter.

wrong pic, the one he is mentioning is in the 4th quarter. We saw lots of people leaving at half time, still amazes me how many people were under dressed for the game. Not ideal weather , but with the right gear you can be out there for the game

The TV angles showed what seemed to be about 15k in attendance in the first half. That actually seemed pretty decent, to me, given the cold/poor weather, the poor performance of the team of late, and a matchup that predicted that the final score we saw yesterday would have been the reverse.

While I like the idea of the cold weather home "advantage", I also think that having one single, annual late game in US Bank Stadium would be good for, if nothing else, recruiting (it's exciting to be able to play at a venue such as that once in a while) and an increase in attendance for that November home game. I know that opinion is a minority around here...

This. I live minutes from campus, but the prices and performance has discouraged me. Also, I hate the oar branding on the helmet.

So "hate the oar branding on the helmet" will discourage you from attending the game even if the price is right. As pointed out, cheaper prices are available.

This. I live minutes from campus, but the prices and performance has discouraged me. Also, I hate the oar branding on the helmet.

I am not a fan of a lot of the uniform changes but that would never be a reason that would keep me from watching on tv or in person.

Late first quarter for reference. I do think once the team starts winning the place will fill up for cold games. They’re so fun to be at.

19675939-FA7-B-497-C-956-E-12-CD4066308-E.jpg

100%. Much more fun in the cold than the 90 degree games. Bundle up, tailgate to warm up, stand up and cheer to keep warm. It’s a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100%. Much more fun in the cold than the 90 degree games. Bundle up, tailgate to warm up, stand up and cheer to keep warm. It’s a blast.

Yeah I remember it being full for Wisconsin in colder weather than that (when the stakes were higher) and also for Ohio State in a snowstorm a couple years back.

It's the performance, and the ticket/resale prices that have made pay-as-you-go a much more attractive option than holding season tickets.

I saw tickets laying on ground and one literally on recycling can outside gate
That one on the recycling can might have been the free one my friend picked up off a can for his daughter to use. The seven in our group were not looking forward to this game, which is rare for us even on cold days. But we had a lot of fun and left saying that in a few years we'll look back on this one as a highlight.

I don't think there were close to 30,000 in there, but what do I know?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Instead of looking at pictures on my couch at home and bitching about it, I was actually there. At the height of attendance, it was surprisingly full for cold weather and a team that had played like absolute dogsh1t coming in. By the end of the game (I was there for that too) there were maybe 5,000 in the stands. But at its peak, there were at least 30,000.
I was there too and there's zero chance it was 30k. If there were 5 k in the upper deck, and thatd be awful generous, that would mean the lower deck was near capacity. It was more like 1/2 full in the lower deck.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

They were giving out hats to the first ten thousand people who entered the gates. They still had plenty of hats fifteen minutes before kickoff.

Top Bottom