Sid: Claeys has been nominated for Broyles Award for top assistant in college fball

Big Country knows how to run a defense. Kudos!

AND, the pirate makes things tough on a defense with his hurry up passing offense. They often don't take much time off the clock. There are a lot of opportunities for the opponent on offense. Great job Tracy!

Happier for Fleck and Company and all the fans at TCF today, but still happy for him and hope he gets it.

He did not make the final cut:

Alabama OC Mike Locksley
Army DC Jay Bateman
Clemson co-OC Jeff Scott
Mississippi State DC Bob Shoop
Notre Dame OC Chip Long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He did not make the final cut:

Alabama OC Mike Locksley
Army DC Jay Bateman
Clemson co-OC Jeff Scott
Mississippi State DC Bob Shoop
Notre Dame OC Chip Long

Think it is great that they recognize assistants but really don't know how you even go about coming up with lists for awards like this because it is so subjective. I mean take the Alabama OC for example, sure they are putting up big numbers every week but they are also working with great talent across the board. Makes it a lot easier to draw up an offense when your guys are more skilled then anything the defense can throw at you.

Side note - he could be totally deserving as I have not done any kind of deep dive into the numbers, just using the Alabama OC as an example.

Claeys should be proud that he was at least nominated for doing a great job out west.

I am shocked that coaches from Alabama and Notre Dame made the cut.

I hope he wins it. He is a very good man and excellent defensive coach.

I also hope he wins it and wish him the best.

Happy for Claeys. Thought he deserved a shot at the head coaching gig but I'm happy we have Fleck. And he landed in an awesome place at Wazzu. Leach would be a fun dude to coach under.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom