I really have never put too much creedence in high school fantasy ratings & stars...

imthewalrus

Reaction score
I really have never put too much creedence in high school fantasy ratings & stars...

However, it is no wonder that Seth Green had so much hype during his high school career. He is the WILDCAT of the year in the Big Ten, if not the nation. A TD pass...a TD run...several key first downs today just emphasized just how valuable this young man is to the GOPHER Football Team. Sometimes the star rankings for high school players are deserved. Seth Green really was an outstanding college football prospect.

And, Cashman! What in incredible college football player he is. HE is a poster child that makes me believe that the heart and desire and will to play outstanding Big Ten football surpasses ALL the fantasy high school star systems and rankings in the world.

Mr. Green and Mr. Cashman are really challenging my assumptions...and are also enhancing my core beliefs in what makes a college football player succeed in Big Ten accomplishments! These are two very memorable Golden Gopher Football players contributing on a very high level. There are many more as well...but these two are having one hell of a good Big Ten football season!

Really love these guys. Love the wildcat. Love Cashman. Let’s finish the season strong and send him out with a bowl victory.

Really love these guys. Love the wildcat. Love Cashman. Let’s finish the season strong and send him out with a bowl victory.

This is the only Wildcat I've enjoyed.
Normally coaches cling to it too long, or never pass out of it.

Coach Kirk does a great job mixing it in.

This is the only Wildcat I've enjoyed.
Normally coaches cling to it too long, or never pass out of it.

Coach Kirk does a great job mixing it in.

Green’s size and athleticism is what makes it go. And, they’ve probably been holding the little toss to the tight end in their back pocket all season.

I've always hated the wildcat, until now. Green runs it far better than any of our previous attempts. His ability to sneak a throw in from time to time makes him even more dangerous.

Green’s size and athleticism is what makes it go. And, they’ve probably been holding the little toss to the tight end in their back pocket all season.

I believe they passed out of it earlier in the year for a TD.

BTW, Mo does a hell of a job run blocking on the wildcat. Not so much pass blocking, I don't think.

JTG

There are some who look at Green and wonder what he might do as a FT QB. But, I wonder - maybe he's better off in short doses. If he was playing more snaps, it's possible some issues might be exposed. The way the Gophers have been using him, he doesn't get beat up too much, so he's fresher when he's needed. In this case, I think the coaches have been handling Green the right way.

He reminds me a lot of Tebow in this role, except Tebow obviously had a stronger supporting cast. Green has to work a hell of a lot harder for that yardage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom