wisconsin loses, iowa fans all over the ferentz's, and brohm

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
and brohm who is clearly the second coming has a 5-5 record just like Fleck.

I'm rather giddy tonight!

and brohm who is clearly the second coming has a 5-5 record just like Fleck.

I'm rather giddy tonight!

Clearly PJ has been just as successful as Brohm. No other way to see it. 5-5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clearly PJ has been just as successful as Brohm. No other way to see it. 5-5.

As someone who can see degrees in things I will freely admit that Purdue's 5-5 is more impressive then our 5-5 this season but there are many on this board that only see the W/L record so if they are consistent with their evaluations then they should see Fleck and Brohm as equal. No other way to see it....

As someone who can see degrees in things I will freely admit that Purdue's 5-5 is more impressive then our 5-5 this season but there are many on this board that only see the W/L record so if they are consistent with their evaluations then they should see Fleck and Brohm as equal. No other way to see it....

I see that we beat the crap out of Purdue. We don’t need to apologize for that or any of our wins. We have earned 5 wins. On that front the success of both teams is equal. I don’t think we are equal however - and it has way more to do with our losses than any of our wins.

Slightly off topic...

This was a pretty decent Purdue team. Not ranked on polls, but 20th in Sagarin rankings coming into the weekend.

I see that we beat the crap out of Purdue. We don’t need to apologize for that or any of our wins. We have earned 5 wins. On that front the success of both teams is equal. I don’t think we are equal however - and it has way more to do with our losses than any of our wins.

Exactly what he said...

5* wins.

Put me in the camp that isn't comparing the two.
Not sure why we would.

Are we comparing Tim Allen at Indiana to the Fleck and Brohm as well? If not, why not?

Not sure why we would.

Are we comparing Tim Allen at Indiana to the Fleck and Brohm as well? If not, why not?

Barreiro was comparing Fleck to Brohm all week on air. Of course, he expected a Purdue romp today.

Someone tune in tomorrow to see if the nerd even mentions what happened. Let me know what that dummy says.

Barreiro was comparing Fleck to Brohm all week on air. Of course, he expected a Purdue romp today.

Someone tune in tomorrow to see if the nerd even mentions what happened. Let me know what that dummy says.

Right, but why is he conveniently not comparing all second year Big Ten coaches?
That's what I can't figure out.

You guys realize if MN hadn’t crapped the bed vs the Big Ten and Brohm hadn’t defeated several ranked teams people would have had different opinions regarding PJ and Btohm coming into today?

Today’s result will change perceptions somewhat and gives us hope for the future but doesn’t negate what came before. Beating people up for perfectly reasonable opinions after the fact is just stupid.

You guys realize if MN hadn’t crapped the bed vs the Big Ten and Brohm hadn’t defeated several ranked teams people would have had different opinions regarding PJ and Btohm coming into today?

Today’s result will change perceptions somewhat and gives us hope for the future but doesn’t negate what came before. Beating people up for perfectly reasonable opinions after the fact is just stupid.

Brohm is a good coach and is doing a good job at Purdue.

Fleck had a good win today and we don't know if it's signs of things to come or not, but it's the highest ranked Sagarin team we've beaten dating back prior to 2010.

You know darn well that Barreiro was not expressing a reasonable opinion but was just taking an opportunity to get a dig into the Gophers and PJ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure why we would.

So any two high profile coaches who get hired in the same year, in the same conference, in the same division so they play each other every year will get compared. How are they doing relative to each other is a way to gauge performance of each program.

Tim Allen is an actor and comedian.

Tom Allen, Indiana’s coach, was promoted from within after Wilson got canned. He was not high profile. He was not a rising star. He coaches a team we do not play every year. Purdue does, though.

Please let us out-of-towners know what that schmuck says

The Brian Ferentz era can't begin soon enough!

Check out the DSM Register this morning. One of the reporters is going full Twin Cities Sports Media, bashing the coaching and baited Noah Fant into answering questions about why he wasn't playing more yesterday. Curious to see how this plays out.

Wisconsin’s 6 wins have come against teams that are a combined 18-42. Their offense should be good regardless of the QB situation but they’re not right now.

I hope Brohm leaves.

UL position is open. Few see that as being that as a better position, but if Louisville football has a first-family of FB it is Brohm.

Brohm is a good coach and is doing a good job at Purdue.

Fleck had a good win today and we don't know if it's signs of things to come or not, but it's the highest ranked Sagarin team we've beaten dating back prior to 2010.

Wow! That’s an interesting tidbit.

UL position is open. Few see that as being that as a better position, but if Louisville football has a first-family of FB it is Brohm.

Very interesting.

So any two high profile coaches who get hired in the same year, in the same conference, in the same division so they play each other every year will get compared. How are they doing relative to each other is a way to gauge performance of each program.

Tim Allen is an actor and comedian.

Tom Allen, Indiana’s coach, was promoted from within after Wilson got canned. He was not high profile. He was not a rising star. He coaches a team we do not play every year. Purdue does, though.

Well done.

WI has 4 losses on the season so far (the most in the Paul Chryst era), and their next 2 games are not gimmes (at Purdue, MN). Their SB Nation blog has an in-depth article today that says they are due for a collapse.

Top Bottom