wisconsin loses, iowa fans all over the ferentz's, and brohm

You are taking my comment totally out of context but I still stand by the belief that Purdue's 5-5 is more impressive then our 5-5 because theirs includes wins over Ohio State, Boston College, and Iowa. Our best win is either Fresno State or Purdue.

I am not one of the people who fauns over Brohm and I am a big believer in Fleck and what he is trying to accomplish. So don't try to make what I said into something else by viewing it on its own and not in relation to the comments that led to me posting what I did about the team's records.

If we learned one thing over the last two weeks (or at least some of us SHOULD have learned), it's that it's tough to win on the road in the B1G. Period. If Illinois came into TCF this Saturday, I would still bet on the Gophers to win.

The only game the Gophers lost this season at TCF was Iowa, and they still managed to put up 31 points on a tough Iowa defense, despite throwing FOUR interceptions.

Things are heading in the right direction. I'm reasonably happy with the progress that's being made and VERY optimistic for next year and beyond.

If we learned one thing over the last two weeks (or at least some of us SHOULD have learned), it's that it's tough to win on the road in the B1G. Period. If Illinois came into TCF this Saturday, I would still bet on the Gophers to win.

The only game the Gophers lost this season at TCF was Iowa, and they still managed to put up 31 points on a tough Iowa defense, despite throwing FOUR interceptions.

Things are heading in the right direction. I'm reasonably happy with the progress that's being made and VERY optimistic for next year and beyond.

Agree.

Brohm had previously been contacted by the Cardinals and had one foot in Louisville and one cold as **** foot in TCF Stadium. Brown is going to Louisville if only for the reason to never have to come back to Minneapolis in November. ;)

Brohm had previously been contacted by the Cardinals and had one foot in Louisville and one cold as **** foot in TCF Stadium. Brown is going to Louisville if only for the reason to never have to come back to Minneapolis in November. ;)

Going to BC isn't much better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw part of the press conference today where Brohm talked about it. He did everything but say he's gone. Louisville has him in the bag if they want him.

I saw part of the press conference today where Brohm talked about it. He did everything but say he's gone. Louisville has him in the bag if they want him.

That's the impression I got too. Sucks for Purdue, similar to how badly it sucked for us when Lou Holtz raised up all our expectations before leaving far too soon. It's just one of those deals where like a perfect storm of circumstances comes together and changes everything just like that. Who knew Gerry Faust was going to struggle and fail at Notre Dame like that, leaving a vacancy for what Holtz had long considered to be his dream job. That's why he had that out specifically written into his contract. Had Faust not driven the Golden Domers straight into the ground, there's no telling how long Holtz might have stayed at Minnesota, but hey, crap happened. I was terribly upset when he left but then again I couldn't blame him, as how often does one get an opportunity to coach/work at their dream job? If Brohm does leave Purdue it's much the same thing, as how often does one get an opportunity to coach at their alma mater?

Top Bottom