What grade do you give PJ Fleck for coaching in the Purdue game?

What grade do you give PJ Fleck for coaching in the Purdue game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A is the earned grade with no curve.

If today's team shows up next week and then in Madison, could be a very interesting finish to November, which historically has been unkind to Minnesota football.

A Plus, no doubt. To get this team to believe in itself after the recent debacles is fantastic.

No one is going to confuse Purdue with one of the CFP teams but they also beat Ohio State, Iowa and Boston College so they are obviously not a bad team.

For this Gophers team, this season, this was a great win against a solid opponent.

They also lost to Eastern Michigan

I think this was a really good win for the program.
I’m just saying I thought Purdue was overrated before the game. I continue to think so.
They have the same record as the gophers.
6 hours ago half of gopher fans thought they were on the verge of greatness and thought the gophers were on the verge of implosion.

I just don't understand. We get blown out by 2 of the worst Big Ten teams. And then we destroy Purdue, who recently had some big wins. It's almost more frustrating than just losing week-after-week lol.

I was thinking the same thing.

It is always that way around here. The most vocal on here are the ones that don't like Fleck so they won't have anything to say after a game like that where the team played great. No worries though, they will be back in full force next week if we lose to Northwestern.

I will be interested to read some of the defensive breakdowns that are bound to pop up in the next few days to find out what reasons people see for why the defense made such a drastic improvement in such a short amount of time. and the big question is if it is sustainable moving forward.

Irrelevant - Brohm is the best coach in the land.

And he continues to show how undisciplined his team is. The amount of penalties, especially the personal fouls was laughable. This is the third or fourth time this year Purdue has played completely undisciplined.

A total shock. Under the circumstances it would be dishonest to give him less than an A. Well done, PJ.

I just don't understand. We get blown out by 2 of the worst Big Ten teams. And then we destroy Purdue, who recently had some big wins. It's almost more frustrating than just losing week-after-week lol.

What do these teams have in common?

Purdue
Wisconsin
Nebraska
Iowa
Illinois
Maryland
Indiana
Minnesota
Northwestern

They are all mediocre

So that means when they play each other anything can really happen. It isn’t like any are terrible. All have at least 4 wins. But they all have glaring deficiencies that make it impossible to be consistent.

It is frustrating, but it is also what happens with inexperienced teams. The exciting part is that you can see what the team is capable of doing, the annoying part is that for one reason or another they can't seem to put it together week in and week out.

So far I can only point to Home vs Road to make sense of it.
Shouldn't matter that much, but the only home loss was Iowa so far.

Maybe one of the best coaching jobs I've witnessed after losing to an Illini team that defines mediocre. This team believes in Fleck and what he is representing to them as a path to success. Youth will be served.

With so many people avoiding this game due to cold weather and last Saturdays egg which was laid in Champaign, It was a thrill to be at this game supporting the program. The staff and team showed what they ARE capable of.

Those that stayed away missed a very good performance.

With so many people avoiding this game due to cold weather and last Saturdays egg which was laid in Champaign, It was a thrill to be at this game supporting the program. The staff and team showed what they ARE capable of.

Those that stayed away missed a very good performance.

Despite the cold, it looked like fun and the way the team played will maybe get us thinking about how November games can be an advantage.
Good job on supporting the team and being there!

Grade A We feast on immobile quarterbacks.

Dual threat QBs like Martinez and Bush have given us fits, but pocket passers like Stanley and Haskins have ripped us apart through the air, too.

The defense did a great job today shutting down an offense with a pocket passing QB. Both NW and WI have that type of QB, so hopefully that bodes well for us the next couple games.

Despite the cold, it looked like fun and the way the team played will maybe get us thinking about how November games can be an advantage.

:cool:

Was fun, would've preferred bit warmer.

Kind of hard to give him anything but an A this week.

Grade B.

The drastic improvement in defensive play actually makes me question the timing involved in PJ's decision making process. I wonder if he weighed too heavily on loyalty as opposed to results.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

His decision of when to fire Smith has nothing to do with the judgement of how the coaching was TODAY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His decision of when to fire Smith has nothing to do with the judgement of how the coaching was TODAY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True, but those concerns are an extrapolation based on the play of the defense today.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Grade A We feast on immobile quarterbacks.

That’s right. That and home cooking are good for this team.
Recovered from this critical early drops on offense and the defense played their @sses off.
These Boilers were lucky to get out alive.
Donnell Greene was back right?
How fun is Tyler Johnson to watch? On that first drive he ran an amazing route leaving the CB on the turf but Morgan’s throw was off mark and he wasn’t able to covert it into a TD (still caught it).
That first drive was really important.

A. I'm not even going to bother explaining that vote, the results speak for themselves.

A

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom