What grade do you give PJ Fleck for coaching in the Purdue game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score

Still took a 1st series timeout. The kids played hard. I'll give him a solid B.

Fat fingers and frozen screen, take that F off the board.

Has to be no higher than a "C." Purdue scored ten points and the receivers dropped some balls in the first half at crucial times.

Has to be an A. Fired Smith and sparked the team to a pretty big upset. Team played hard and looked great on defense. Now we need to pick off Wisconsin.

A for performance today, A for making the tough decision to fire Robb Smith. The defense looked night and day better. Yes, only one game but tackling seemed way better.

A plus. Prepared, played fast and executed. There are more than a few really good young players on this team and i see improvement over last year.

Frozen A! Kudos to the coach Fleck for recognizing a problem, and getting rid of the coach before end of season.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

A for performance today, A for making the tough decision to fire Robb Smith. The defense looked night and day better. Yes, only one game but tackling seemed way better.

The difference in defense confuses me greatly.

I attribute a bit to weather, but that performance was impressive by many measures.

So weird.

Rossi gets and A+++. Will be interesting to see if they can sustain it but that defense played unreal today against a really good offensive team in Purdue.

Grade B.

The drastic improvement in defensive play actually makes me question the timing involved in PJ's decision making process. I wonder if he weighed too heavily on loyalty as opposed to results.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

The difference in defense confuses me greatly.

I attribute a bit to weather, but that performance was impressive by many measures.

So weird.

Agree, will be interesting to see what some of the people that really disect scheme have to say about the differences from last week to this week. One guy who really jumped out at me for one of the first times all year was Chris Williamson.

Awesome win. Keeps the bowl hopes alive. If the defense plays like this the next two games I will be thrilled but also a bit concerned as to why it took so long for a change to be made

Fire someone this week also....I'm superstitious.

Recruiting might get tricky if you keep firing coaches but can't argue with the results this week. :)

Pretty unreal to go from getting destroyed by a terrible Illinois team to blowing out a Purdue team that had knocked off 3 ranked opponents.

Recruiting might get tricky if you keep firing coaches but can't argue with the results this week. :)

Pretty unreal to go from getting destroyed by a terrible Illinois team to blowing out a Purdue team that had knocked off 3 ranked opponents.

Really is.

Purdue is 2-5 against unranked opponents.

IMO Purdue is the most overrated team in the country.

Fire someone this week also....I'm superstitious.

LOL...nice.

hey-waterboy-youre-fired.jpg

Purdue is 2-5 against unranked opponents.

IMO Purdue is the most overrated team in the country.

No one is going to confuse Purdue with one of the CFP teams but they also beat Ohio State, Iowa and Boston College so they are obviously not a bad team.

For this Gophers team, this season, this was a great win against a solid opponent.

An A for Fleck and an A+ for Joe Rossi.

Kudos to Fleck for making a tough decision earlier in the week to get his program back on what is hopefully an upward trajectory from here.

Impossible to not give Joe Rossi a ton of credit. Tough circumstances taking over for a good friend and trying to pick up the pieces of a shattered defense, but he clearly pulled the right strings in practice this week and had the guys ready to go. Defense gave up zero plays over 20 yards -ZERO!

For people wanting to believe a Big Ten Team is overrated, Boston College is currently 17th or so.

They will lose by 30 to Clemson tonight.

Grade B.

The drastic improvement in defensive play actually makes me question the timing involved in PJ's decision making process. I wonder if he weighed too heavily on loyalty as opposed to results.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
Agreed. Nebraska should've been the straw that broke the camel's back.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom