Mark Coyle's football hire turning into a success - Dino Babers

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
While at Syracuse, Mark hired Dino Babers who now has Syracuse ranked 13th with an 8-2 record.

Babers was 4-8 in his first two seasons at Syracuse.

Coyle also hired Bryan Harsin at Boise St. Maybe he knows what he's doing when it comes to hiring football coaches.

Coyle also hired Bryan Harsin at Boise St. Maybe he knows what he's doing when it comes to hiring football coaches.

How Minnesota would it be for us to get an outlier...

Still early though. We're not even through the second year of the five year plan.

Year 3 I expect Fleck to take us to the college football playoff. It’s going to be David vs Goliath, Mn vs Alabama, and we pull off the upset on a TM post route, to a streaking Rashod Bateman, one on one with the safety for a game winning TD. 24-23.

They were 4-8 both seasons but gave fans glimmers of hope that he can coach unlike what we are experiencing. Upset #21 Va Tech in 1st year and #2 Clemson in second year. That's promise.

We haven't seen anything like that to give us hope.

They were 4-8 both seasons but gave fans glimmers of hope that he can coach unlike what we are experiencing. Upset #21 Va Tech in 1st year and #2 Clemson in second year. That's promise.

Good point. In that case get angry and don't be hopeful.

Your results my vary.

Good point. In that case get angry and don't be hopeful.

Your results my vary.

Thanks for granting permission. I'm going to have to be won over which has never happened before. Apathy is beginning to set in to some (me included) of the few and shrinking fan base that pays attention. When people struggle and can't give tickets away, that's all you need for proof.

While at Syracuse, Mark hired Dino Babers who now has Syracuse ranked 13th with an 8-2 record.

Babers was 4-8 in his first two seasons at Syracuse.

They were also 3-9 and 4-8 the two years before he got there.

Have always liked that team. Sorry they left the Big East. Hope they get their big upset next week too.

Thanks for granting permission. I'm going to have to be won over which has never happened before. Apathy is beginning to set in to some (me included) of the few and shrinking fan base that pays attention. When people struggle and can't give tickets away, that's all you need for proof.
Plenty of apathy out there. So much that people are posting about it.

They were also 3-9 and 4-8 the two years before he got there.

Have always liked that team. Sorry they left the Big East. Hope they get their big upset next week too.
Glad to hear he was successful in using the same rosters year after year.

Citing records of teams of prior years after a coaching change is almost as relevant as posting what the Vikings record was the year prior.

The ACC is bad, bad, bad this year. But, still have to give credit to Babers. Like that guy.

Harsin is a Petersen acolyte, former BSU player, from the area, up and comer and was a no-brainer hire. No credit for that one.

We’ll see on PJ in a year or two. He has some ground to make up but can still pull it off with the right coaching hires.

Plenty of apathy out there. So much that people are posting about it.

Yep, this has become entertainment. The Flecksters are entertaining!!! STH from 2000-2014, and kids activities started to get in the way. My kids have been to at least one game every year of their life until this year One kid is disappointed (daughter and a sentimentalist) , the other is indifferent (1st year in college and is laughing at what is transpiring).

A buddy texted about a dozen of us for 3 seats in the DQ Club section. A few of us are former STH and a few split a season. He had zero takers as everyone "had plans". The buddy said don't forget he'll have them for NW too. No responses after that.

I like the direction of the Offense, but defense, results, and recruiting this year have been really, really, disappointing.

We have 7 freshmen or RS freshmen starting on offense. We beat Fresno State, which had only lost to us before they lost last night to Boise State. I think there are plenty of reasons to be excited for the future for the Gophers.

We have 7 freshmen or RS freshmen starting on offense. We beat Fresno State, which had only lost to us before they lost last night to Boise State. I think there are plenty of reasons to be excited for the future for the Gophers.

you're right that's equivalent to upsetting #2 Clemson who was the reigning National Champ at the time.

Year 3 I expect Fleck to take us to the college football playoff. It’s going to be David vs Goliath, Mn vs Alabama, and we pull off the upset on a TM post route, to a streaking Rashod Bateman, one on one with the safety for a game winning TD. 24-23.

We beat them last time we played them in a bowl game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gophers are 3-0 in their last three games against Clemson, Alabama, and Oregon.

Yep, this has become entertainment. The Flecksters are entertaining!!! STH from 2000-2014, and kids activities started to get in the way. My kids have been to at least one game every year of their life until this year One kid is disappointed (daughter and a sentimentalist) , the other is indifferent (1st year in college and is laughing at what is transpiring).

A buddy texted about a dozen of us for 3 seats in the DQ Club section. A few of us are former STH and a few split a season. He had zero takers as everyone "had plans". The buddy said don't forget he'll have them for NW too. No responses after that.

I like the direction of the Offense, but defense, results, and recruiting this year have been really, really, disappointing.
You should take him up on that ticket offer.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Sounds like poor parenting

Citing records of teams of prior years after a coaching change is almost as relevant as posting what the Vikings record was the year prior.

That's such a weird stance. You're such an acolyte to this current coaching staff that it's forcing you to take absurd stances and I actually think you believe them.

There is correlation between talent and wins. If you inherit a team that went 0-12, it's likely that you inherited an absolute disaster of a program. If you inherited a team that went 9-4 or 8-5, it's likely that you are inheriting a team that was not an absolute disaster.

The fact that we have to have these kinds of discussions regarding fairly elementary things is insane. Can't you be a fan of Fleck without it decaying your brain matter to such a degree that you make preposterous statements like the one quoted above?

I can certainly understand why someone would be a fan of PJ, but this kind of insanity is really unique. I've never seen anything like it in the Wacker, Mason, Brew, Kill, or Claeys years. It's odd.

That's such a weird stance. You're such an acolyte to this current coaching staff that it's forcing you to take absurd stances and I actually think you believe them.

There is correlation between talent and wins. If you inherit a team that went 0-12, it's likely that you inherited an absolute disaster of a program. If you inherited a team that went 9-4 or 8-5, it's likely that you are inheriting a team that was not an absolute disaster.

The fact that we have to have these kinds of discussions regarding fairly elementary things is insane. Can't you be a fan of Fleck without it decaying your brain matter to such a degree that you make preposterous statements like the one quoted above?

I can certainly understand why someone would be a fan of PJ, but this kind of insanity is really unique. I've never seen anything like it in the Wacker, Mason, Brew, Kill, or Claeys years. It's odd.
It's Fleck's Tony Robbins/Joel Osteen trance that he has put on some people. Sort of a cult following type thing.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

There is a correlation between talent and wins, but if a new head coach comes in and says "I have 5 years to produce a winner, and thanks... I know you have some players on staff, but I'm going to blow it up and not use a single one".

What correlation would the old team have to the new one in the case the AD and coach decide to not use any players from the previous year?

Fans can argue that they should reuse the same talent, but if the coach decides not to, then why would those two teams be related?

Main reason would be because the fans want them to be related.

Fleck did use some of the players last year and this year, but it's clear he's trying to set this team up with his own young talent. You can blame him for that, but that's a conscious decision based on future results instead of trying to leverage the previous coaches talent and schemes.

There is a correlation between talent and wins, but if a new head coach comes in and says "I have 5 years to produce a winner, and thanks... I know you have some players on staff, but I'm going to blow it up and not use a single one".

What correlation would the old team have to the new one in the case the AD and coach decide to not use any players from the previous year?

Fans can argue that they should reuse the same talent, but if the coach decides not to, then why would those two teams be related?

Main reason would be because the fans want them to be related.

Fleck did use some of the players last year and this year, but it's clear he's trying to set this team up with his own young talent. You can blame him for that, but that's a conscious decision based on future results instead of trying to leverage the previous coaches talent and schemes.

Wow....That happens quite often?

Wow....That happens quite often?

I don't think any coach has taken a team over an not used any players because you need to use some, but in this case it appears they (Coyle and Fleck) wanted to turn the page and start as fresh as possible for whatever their reasons are.
That's why I say the teams are hardly related.

Now when you have a coaching change where an assistant takes over and they run everything the same, there might be more of a correlation, but even in that case if the new coach wants to change things, that's his decision and he needs to know what his AD is going to have patience for.

PJ appears to know he had time to revamp totally.

Top Bottom