Wolves Agree to Trade Butler to 76ers!

Iceland12

Reaction score
After a standoff that has stretched into the first part of the season, the Minnesota Timberwolves have agreed to trade Jimmy Butler to the Philadelphia 76ers, league sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski and Zach Lowe.

Butler and the Sixers expect to reach a deal on a long-term contract this summer, league sources told ESPN. The Sixers made the trade to add Butler to a Big Three with Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons.

The Timberwolves will receive a package that includes Robert Covington, Dario Saric, Jerryd Bayless and a second-round pick, sources said, and Minnesota will also send Justin Patton to Philadelphia.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...olves-trading-jimmy-butler-philadelphia-76ers

Last edited:

Thinking about the game when this came up. Please move to Off Topic Board.

After a standoff that has stretched into the first part of the season, the Minnesota Timberwolves have agreed to trade Jimmy Butler to the Philadelphia 76ers, league sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski and Zach Lowe.

Butler and the Sixers expect to reach a deal on a long-term contract this summer, league sources told ESPN. The Sixers made the trade to add Butler to a Big Three with Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons.

The Timberwolves will receive a package that includes Robert Covington, Dario Saric and a second-round pick, sources said, and Minnesota will also send Justin Patton to Philadelphia.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...olves-trading-jimmy-butler-philadelphia-76ers

Good riddance! Jimmy Butler is not as good as he thinks he is.

Post in the right forum. No one cares about bouncy-ball here.

Addition by subtraction. I was a big Buckets fan until he started thinking he was bigger than the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very poor return on Butler. It basically netted out to giving up Markonnen, LaVine, and Dunn for Covington, Saric, and Bayless. Covington will shore up the defense but it's unclear if the other two guys will have much of any role.

Another reason the Wolves will continue to be underachievers.

Of the four major sports, bouncy ball is the worst. You can watch the last 5 minutes of the game and skip all the fluff leading up to those last 5 minutes. It’s also 5 minutes that last 30 minutes in real time due to fouling on purpose and timeouts taken.

Of the four major sports, bouncy ball is the worst. You can watch the last 5 minutes of the game and skip all the fluff leading up to those last 5 minutes.

Same could be said for the first 60-70 games of the NBA season. (Or is that now the NBBA? :D) In what other sport do teams just go through the motions for the first 3-4 months?

The NBA is one step above professional wrestling.

(OTOH, I like me some college bouncy ball -- at least the Minnesota variety.)

JTG

Last edited:

Of the four major sports, bouncy ball is the worst. You can watch the last 5 minutes of the game and skip all the fluff leading up to those last 5 minutes. It’s also 5 minutes that last 30 minutes in real time due to fouling on purpose and timeouts taken.

Or you could appreciate that it's probably the most athletic and free flowing of all American sports, especially in those first 30-40 minutes.

Or you could appreciate that it's probably the most athletic and free flowing of all American sports, especially in those first 30-40 minutes.

I think hockey is more free flowing than basketball and requires more athleticism. In terms of most athletic sport it’s easily boxing.

Top Bottom