All Things 2018-19 Other College Basketball Games Thread

Watching the B1G games on the tube. The woman who has kept up the constant high-pitched screaming is making it f’ing unlistenable. At first I thought it was some bad rap track, or a whistle or something. Ugh.

Illinois / NW game is close

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

IL has 3 of the 5 parts.... they are gonna be good soon

Doesn't look good. I figured they'd bury the Huskers in the second half as the Huskers were dealing with a super short bench. Thought fatigue would set in....but Rutgers couldn't make a damn shot.

I'd be surprised if Illinois doesn't roll in game #2 considering the way that they've been playing. Especially with the news that Vic Law is out.

Easy cover lol, no sweat at all. Good job.

Zags $hiting the bed so far.

Watched the game highlights and there are a few Geno "highlights" in the video. He get beat on D at 0:37 and 1:10 and gets his shot blocked at 0:47. Welcome to the big league kid....

[video]http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=26244172[/video]

IL has 3 of the 5 parts.... they are gonna be good soon

Really hard to say. His team seems to play w/o intelligence and I'm not sure what type of player he is looking to bring to Illinois.

It’s a good choice, I was with them for years. Fast payouts, early release of lines, they set the market. I’ll probably go back next NFL season. Bovada has sent me checks via fed ex that take about 4 weeks. Not a fan.

Need Rutgers to pull this one out

They take US players?? I’m on 5dimes…

Really hard to say. His team seems to play w/o intelligence and I'm not sure what type of player he is looking to bring to Illinois.

Illinois has only two seniors and they have two verbal commits for next year. Both players are big men (a four star and a three star). Perhaps the plan is to move the Georgian to power forward. My guess is Dosunmu doesn't leave yet. He has a fair chance to improve his draft ranking by staying one more year.

Of the top 7 players in minutes for Illinois, four are freshman and sophs and only one is a senior. I'd rather have what they have coming back than what we have.

Illinois has only two seniors and they have two verbal commits for next year. Both players are big men (a four star and a three star). Perhaps the plan is to move the Georgian to power forward. My guess is Dosunmu doesn't leave yet. He has a fair chance to improve his draft ranking by staying one more year.

Of the top 7 players in minutes for Illinois, four are freshman and sophs and only one is a senior. I'd rather have what they have coming back than what we have.

they have Kofi Cockburn coming in too.

One more thought... Indiana might actually crawl in even with a loss.

Creighton is done playing and awaiting bid.
They were bubble and lost, but could still be in the conversation.

One less team who could pass the Gophers.

MD fighting back.

TCU down 6 vs K-State in final minute.

TCU lost to K-State.
ESPN lists TCU as a 39% chance to make tournament.

Maryland looks disinterested against an undermanned Nebraska. A loss would make Turgeon 2-5 in BTT play overall and would give the Badgers a very easy path to the semis.

Wow, that was an awful call! Watson cleanly poked the ball away from Cowan, then Cowan throws an elbow to Watson's head... and they called a foul on Watson! What was the ref possibly looking at?

Fernando didn't take a shot in the last 13+ minutes?????? wth

Washington hangs on vs usc. Interesting that if Washington loses the pac12 also becomes a likely bid stealer (I know ASU is being debated)

Washington hangs on vs usc. Interesting that if Washington loses the pac12 also becomes a likely bid stealer (I know ASU is being debated)

Well, there can only be one bid-stealer in the PAC12.
Right now Washington is "in" and Arizona St is also "in, but on bubble".

If someone wins other than one of those two, it could be a 3 bid conference. Then a bid got stolen. But if Washington or AZ St lose early, it could bounce them off the bubble and the conference could still be a 2 bid conference.
In theory, Washington and AZ St could have both lost today, and it could be a 1 bid conference if the committee deemed Washington and AZ St both aren't worthy.

In all likelihood, it's a 2-bid however, possibly three, and we want it to stay at 2 with Washington or AZ State winning the automatic.

Maybe Nebraska will still get in.

They have the same record as Indiana essentially and a head to head win at Indiana.
I’d argue they should be in before Indiana

I think both of them miss though

They have the same record as Indiana essentially and a head to head win at Indiana.
I’d argue they should be in before Indiana

I think both of them miss though

Nebraska is close now.

Indiana

Net 51
RPI 94

17-15

Q1/Q2: 8-15 0.348

Top 10 wins (NET):
8 8 15 21 29 49 65 105 88 100
Total: 488

Nebraska
Net 52
RPI 83

17-15 (but would move to 17-16 with a loss)

Q1/Q2: 10-15 0.400

Top 10 wins (NET):
26 35 51 43 49 54 56 62 83 88
Total: 547

Nebraska's best wins look a lot like a Big 12 team right now.
Many good wins, no great wins.

TCU for example:
NET: 48
RPI: 47

20-13

Q1/Q2: 9-13 0.409

Top 10 wins (NET):
23 23 38 33 37 38 82 83 83 92 110
Total: 532

Adding
Creighton

NET:54