All Things 2018-19 Other College Basketball Games Thread

Enjoyed this great sport even more when there was no replay. UW deserved to lose last night. Big loss for them.

Enjoyed this great sport even more when there was no replay. UW deserved to lose last night. Big loss for them.

Agreed on replay. I understand wanting to get every call right, I'd rather have continuity and live with bad calls.

Wi is a good team, but I don't see them making a deep tourney run this year. I'm curious how they'll look without Happ next year

Fun ending:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Agreed on replay. I understand wanting to get every call right, I'd rather have continuity and live with bad calls.

Wi is a good team, but I don't see them making a deep tourney run this year. I'm curious how they'll look without Happ next year

I'm guessing they'll look Happless.

Uncharacteristic turnovers and missed free throws were the difference. Davison was pretty bad. Once in a while you lay an egg.

I wasted a half hour of my life watching some of that game. Man, is Indiana a dumb team...and yet they won.

Indiana did play solid, inspired defense for practically the whole game, though. I can't believe it's the same team that looked so disinterested in Williams Arena. Archie did or said something that got their attention and snapped them out of it.

I don't mind replay on certain things (out of bounds, shot clock violations, etc)...but there were three or four late game replays that amounted to the clock being changed a total of I think 1.2 seconds. Just meaningless stuff. One of them the clock went from 13.6 to 13.3 Another it went up .1

I watched most of the 2nd half and both OTs.

Langford should try more.

I'm guessing they'll look Happless.

well played

I don't ready buckyville often for variety of reason, but some interesting opinions on Happ from them and a lot of frustration with him.....

I don't mind replay on certain things (out of bounds, shot clock violations, etc)...but there were three or four late game replays that amounted to the clock being changed a total of I think 1.2 seconds. Just meaningless stuff. One of them the clock went from 13.6 to 13.3 Another it went up .1

Another thing that irritates me is when the previous play is not ruled to be under review until the next play is about to start. I know there was at least one occasion where the teams came back from a timeout and Wisconsin (I believe) was going to inbound the ball, and then the refs stopped the game to review. It is similar to when the officials in football wait until the teams are lined up for the next play, and then decide to stop the action.

well played

I don't ready buckyville often for variety of reason, but some interesting opinions on Happ from them and a lot of frustration with him.....

As Joni Mitchell sang, "Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got til it's gone." UW and its fans are going to miss Happ big time next year. There's nobody currently on that roster who will come close to filling his production.

Happ is super good. Had a weird game last night. Despite IU's two starting bigs being fouled out he did very little. Didn't help that Davison wanted to be the hero and was attempting contested step back 3s when Happ was 1 on 1 in the post

In gophers vs Michigan they didn’t review for .2 seconds and it negates a shot clock violation and overtime and instead gives Michigan the win.

Which is fine. I am against replay because they are inconsistent at getting it right.
If you aren’t going to get them all right i would rather you just get them wrong in real time.

I would rather they get every call wrong during the entire game then go to replay once.

What is nice is that the announcers are starting to get irritated and say something about it. Bilas has for quite awhile, but Dickie V was having a meltdown during the LSU game this weekend.

I think the quality of play suffers, not only because of all the stoppages but because they become so reliant on coaches telling them what to do every single possession because there are so many reviews and stoppages. Each team essentially gets 37 timeouts when you factor in actual timeouts, TV timeouts, reviews, and players fouling out. It's unwatchable.

Penn State has been running a clinic against Maryland. Currently leading 64-37.....

I would rather they get every call wrong during the entire game then go to replay once.

What is nice is that the announcers are starting to get irritated and say something about it. Bilas has for quite awhile, but Dickie V was having a meltdown during the LSU game this weekend.

I think the quality of play suffers, not only because of all the stoppages but because they become so reliant on coaches telling them what to do every single possession because there are so many reviews and stoppages. Each team essentially gets 37 timeouts when you factor in actual timeouts, TV timeouts, reviews, and players fouling out. It's unwatchable.

I’d like them to make a rule that all players in the game when a review is called have to go in the lane on the far end away from their bench. Or a team may choose to use a TO while a review is happening. No subs can enter until after review has been decided and only if they were at the table to check in prior to the review being called. That would at least eliminate the extra TO aspect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chambers may save himself yet.

He might. Since that long opening string of conference losses, they've won 5 of 7 games. Assuming Lamar Stevens doesn't bolt, they'll have everyone back I think except for Josh Reeves. There's an argument to be made for letting him stay to see what he can do with this roster one year older.

He might. Since that long opening string of conference losses, they've won 5 of 7 games. Assuming Lamar Stevens doesn't bolt, they'll have everyone back I think except for Josh Reeves. There's an argument to be made for letting him stay to see what he can do with this roster one year older.

Very interesting question. Many basketball folks really like his recruits and he did get them to buy in defensively. They have to keep winning as 5-15 will put him in trouble and no one goes to their games but of course they draw 110.000 per game in football.

Texas just gave up a 19 point second half lead to Baylor. Tied with under 3 to go

Might burst Texas's bubble. Time to head north, Shaka.

Could be an interesting case on selection Sunday.

Strong computer numbers for a bubble team. Wins over UNC, Kansas, and Purdue. Top 10 SOS. But probably finish with 15 or 16 losses, though pretty much all of them close so far.

They sit at 15-13 right now with games to be played vs Iowa St, @ Texas Tech, and vs TCU plus the Big 12 tourney.

Would the committee take them at 17-16? Maybe.

Last edited:

Could be an interesting case on selection Sunday.

Strong computer numbers for a bubble team. Wins over UNC, Kansas, and Purdue. Top 10 SOS. But probably finish with 15 or 16 losses, though pretty much all of them close so far.

They sit at 15-13 right now with games to be played vs Iowa St, @ Texas Tech, and vs TCU plus the Big 12 tourney.

Would the committee take them at 17-16? Maybe.

16 losses and in? Good lord. That has be 2-3 more than has ever happened for an at-large bid.

Vandy (2017) and Bama (2018) got in as 9-seeds with 19-15 records.

Bama almost won with 3 players, the comm. was impressed by that and figured they would be better playing with 5.

My problem with many of these is why does it take so long? If it's to review the clock, fans at home can figure out if time needs to be adjusted twice as fast as they can there. Maybe have a 4th ref that can quickly review time situations? And only do it when it is necessary. If a team ties it with about 20 seconds left, does it really matter if the clock says 20 or 21 seconds? The team with the ball is probably going to hold for one shot with under 5 seconds either way.

Nebraska literally looks like a team without a plan. Guys going 1 on 4 five seconds into the shot clock, jacking up off balance shots and no hands up on several close outs. Standing straight up and narrow on defense. Wow.

I didn’t know Charles Matthews died. Not who you play but when you play em

Top Bottom