All Things 2018-19 Other College Basketball Games Thread

Oklahoma State just beat Memphis. They may not be as much of a pushover as people think, though the loss to Charlotte is really bad. They play Villanova tomorow.

Mark Few is Gonzaga what Coach K is to Duke and what Bo Ryan is to Wisconsin and what Tom Izzo is to Michigan State all of them built powerhouse programs

With 1 national championship and 3 Big ten titles Jud Heathcoat build Michigan state. Izzo extended it.

With 5 conference titles Vic Bubas did a great job at duke from 1960-1969. Kinda gave them a taste but never won them a championship (thanks to UCLA)

The Bo Ryan analogy is apt. However I'd say that Few needs to win a national championship first before he can be put into the same level as Izzo/K. Until then he is Bubus, Heathcoat and Ryan territory.

With 1 national championship and 3 Big ten titles Jud Heathcoat build Michigan state. Izzo extended it.

With 5 conference titles Vic Bubas did a great job at duke from 1960-1969. Kinda gave them a taste but never won them a championship (thanks to UCLA)

The Bo Ryan analogy is apt. However I'd say that Few needs to win a national championship first before he can be put into the same level as Izzo/K. Until then he is Bubus, Heathcoat and Ryan territory.

Right. I agree. Jud built Michigan State with the help of a stud player named Magic. Jud for sure built the strong foundation that is now MSU

Keep in mind, i cheer for the Gophers to beat the UW when they play but UW is really. really good and i think they beat UVA tomorrow.
You aren't a badgers fan? Why do you root for the Gophers? Your name speaks otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You aren't a badgers fan? Why do you root for the Gophers? Your name speaks otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Long back story behind that as i was given that name by someone on the staff there as a advance scout at the time but my family has had season tickets at the UM since the 60's and my alma is UCLA.

Virginia wins the battle for the Rip Van Winkle trophy over Wisconsin. First to 50 wins.
VA 53
WI 46

How many times did Davison flop after running into a driving player? Then again Virginia does not drive to the basket much so he was probably under his usual 10 or so.

Virginia wins the battle for the Rip Van Winkle trophy over Wisconsin. First to 50 wins.
VA 53
WI 46

Would love to beat UW when we shoot poorly and only turn it over 5 times and grade out a high A on defense. Some fans would rather lose 85-84 than win 53-46. Defense is have the game and stopping people from scoring is beautiful.

Would love to beat UW when we shoot poorly and only turn it over 5 times and grade out a high A on defense. Some fans would rather lose 85-84 than win 53-46. Defense is have the game and stopping people from scoring is beautiful.
I enjoy good defense. I don't enjoy taking the air out of the ball and walking up the court...then running the clock down to 1 second before missing your shot, which essentially happened much of today's game.

VA 53
WI 46
Wisconsin is definitely an improved team this year. They only scored 37 against Virginia last year. :p

Happ had about half their points, rebounds, and assists today. Imagine where the Badgers would be without him. I was really, really pulling for him to stay in the draft this last year. *sigh*...

Michigan State started off slow against Texas, down 22-9 after about 9 minutes of play. But, the Spartans have locked it down from that moment. MSU is now up by 12 with 3:23 to go.

Wisconsin only lost by 7 to Virginia a top 5 team.Wisconsin will surprise this year,Michigan state if they don't turn it over and hit shots scary team remember they only lost by 5 to KU.Michigan has looked good.Big ten is going to be a good league this year

Wisconsin only lost by 7 to Virginia a top 5 team.Wisconsin will surprise this year,Michigan state if they don't turn it over and hit shots scary team remember they only lost by 5 to KU.Michigan has looked good.Big ten is going to be a good league this year

The sconnies style of play leads to low scoring games, which leads to smaller losses. Their 7 point loss is really about 10 points in a normal scoring game.

Utah takes on Northwestern today at 1:00 on ESPNU. Gives us a chance to see how we stack up.

The sconnies style of play leads to low scoring games, which leads to smaller losses. Their 7 point loss is really about 10 points in a normal scoring game.

Was meaning to post this the other day. They lost by 7 which seems so close. At the rate they were scoring, they would have needed more than 6 minutes to tie the game (assuming Virginia didn’t score)

Not sure this is the right thread for it, but the Utah win is currently meaningless for the Gophers. The Utes lost to both Hawaii and Northwestern in tournament play this week, so we will need them to really rebound in conference play for that win to mean anything going forward.

Both Iowa and Wisconsin got some major home cooking to pull out close victories in games they trailed in against Pittsburgh and NC State. Iowa shot 28 free throws to Pitts 13 in a one point game. Former Gopher target Trey McGowens had a shot to win it for Pitt at the buzzer but rushed a shot in the paint. Wisconsin shot 20 free throws to NC State's 8(!) in a 4 point game. For perspective, NC State was called for FIVE charges against the flopper in chief Brad Davison yet the stripes could only find 4 times to send the Wolfpack to the line... Probably a good thing for us long term that they both won, but watching both games made me sick.

Both Iowa and Wisconsin got some major home cooking to pull out close victories in games they trailed in against Pittsburgh and NC State. Iowa shot 28 free throws to Pitts 13 in a one point game. Former Gopher target Trey McGowens had a shot to win it for Pitt at the buzzer but rushed a shot in the paint. Wisconsin shot 20 free throws to NC State's 8(!) in a 4 point game. For perspective, NC State was called for FIVE charges against the flopper in chief Brad Davison yet the stripes could only find 4 times to send the Wolfpack to the line... Probably a good thing for us long term that they both won, but watching both games made me sick.
Of the 5 charges, how many did you think were legit? The team leading at the end often shoots more FT's.

Top Bottom