All Things 2018-19 Other College Basketball Games Thread

If UW loses this game the Gopher game will become even larger.

So does this win by Iowa help the Gophers by increasing the quality of that win or hurt the Gophers because their close loss to Michigan looks less gutty? I'm all confused. :confused:

You know the answer. Iowa winning helps more than Michigan losing hurts. Michigan has a ton of cushion in wins,losses and any other measure. This moves Iowa up and moves UW up as they beat Michigan, which also helps us and they beat Iowa at Iowa. 2nd place now in reach. Win the next 3 and move near the top.

You know the answer. Iowa winning helps more than Michigan losing hurts. Michigan has a ton of cushion in wins,losses and any other measure. This moves Iowa up and moves UW up as they beat Michigan, which also helps us and they beat Iowa at Iowa. 2nd place now in reach. Win the next 3 and move near the top.

yeah but gophers beat the badgers in wisconsin, or does that not count because it was only by 2?

4 turnovers. They are in position to win 14 minimum. They have one tough home game left and several soft road games.

Still have to play at Michigan and Minnesota(you know the team they lost to at home)

Honestly, the one that would probably increase the Gophers' NET ranking more is the team the Gophers have more possessions against during the season. And considering the Gophers play Michigan twice and Iowa once, Michigan winning would probably be the better answer for the NET ranking. However, Iowa winning does more to improve the Gophers résumé which is more important.

Word is Wisconsin and Duke are now recruiting this guy pretty hard.

yeah but gophers beat the badgers in wisconsin, or does that not count because it was only by 2?

Already went over how big that win was. Wow another person who does not understand metrics, strength of schedule etc.. Where would you rank our Gophers ? Would you have them top 10 ? Would you have them ahead of UW. Instead of the constant complaints by fans exactly what system would you use ?

Honestly, the one that would probably increase the Gophers' NET ranking more is the team the Gophers have more possessions against during the season. And considering the Gophers play Michigan twice and Iowa once, Michigan winning would probably be the better answer for the NET ranking. However, Iowa winning does more to improve the Gophers résumé which is more important.
eh, Iowa could have gone on a free fall if they lost that game. Michigan will likely be top 10 regardless. Having Iowa remain a Quad1 win is probably the biggest priority

Still have to play at Michigan and Minnesota(you know the team they lost to at home)
They have 8 now. Counting the two tough road games as losses makes them 8-5. Look at the rest of their road games you did not list. Better yet, just for fun, pick their record. We will see who comes closer.

So does this win by Iowa help the Gophers by increasing the quality of that win or hurt the Gophers because their close loss to Michigan looks less gutty? I'm all confused. :confused:

Due to the NET’s “Ganglehoff Factor”, the loss to Michigan will now drag us down to below 60, and thereby disqualify is from post-season participation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the Michigan game really a tough game? Wisconsin owns Beilein. The Badgers are 6-2 at Michigan since Beilein started.

The Gophers haven't taken two games off Wisconsin in the same season since 2009. At least the Badgers are only 5-4 at Williams Arena in that same time frame, I guess. This Gopher team still doesn't fill me with confidence.

Is the Michigan game really a tough game? Wisconsin owns Beilein. The Badgers are 6-2 at Michigan since Beilein started.

The Gophers haven't taken two games off Wisconsin in the same season since 2009. At least the Badgers are only 5-4 at Williams Arena in that same time frame, I guess. This Gopher team still doesn't fill me with confidence.

Well, no time like the present to get that monkey off their backs, then! But, really, I don't care about the Wisconsin game right now because the Gophers need to take care of Purdue, first!

Memphis currently losing 25-1 to South Florida with 11:51 left in 1st half. Guess we are all just jealous of Penny Hardaway's NBA experience

This Gopher team doesn’t fill you with confidence yet it’s on the way to being the fifth tournament team in your timeframe?

Memphis currently losing 25-1 to South Florida with 11:51 left in 1st half. Guess we are all just jealous of Penny Hardaway's NBA experience

take a look at their incoming recruiting class(their first class) and tell me that their staffs NBA experience isn't benefiting them.

take a look at their incoming recruiting class(their first class) and tell me that their staffs NBA experience isn't benefiting them.

I am aware of their recruiting success

point being, despite his NBA background, if he doesn't put a good product on the floor then the recruiting success will quickly dry up as recruits will see right through the charade. we will see how they look when they get "their" guys, but the early returns aren't promising

Is the Virginia Tech-NC State final score even possible?

Is the Virginia Tech-NC State final score even possible?
Wow, what a bad game. And that was a ranked NC State team at home. 9 for 54 overall and 2 for 28 from 3 for NC State.

Wow, what a bad game. And that was a ranked NC State team at home. 9 for 54 overall and 2 for 28 from 3 for NC State.

Could be some efficiency consequences for NC State.

Could be some efficiency consequences for NC State.

NC State had a cupcake nonconference schedule. Coming back down to earth a bit in conference play.

By the way, has every single Duke game been on ESPN this year?! ESPN normally shoves that team down our throats, but this year is absolutely ridiculous...

NC State scored 5 points in the final 18:35, 1 field goal. You can't make that up

NC State had a cupcake nonconference schedule. Coming back down to earth a bit in conference play.

By the way, has every single Duke game been on ESPN this year?! ESPN normally shoves that team down our throats, but this year is absolutely ridiculous...

They’re also doing duke player power rankings regularly

They’re also doing duke player power rankings regularly

And a headline a few days ago that Dook was "moving on" from Tre Jones injury. Big news.
All the more reason to hate Dook.

When Krzyzewski retires, they will probably fall into that tier with UCLA and Indiana, where we hear about them before the season and when they are doing well, but they disappear when they have a bad season.

When Krzyzewski retires, they will probably fall into that tier with UCLA and Indiana, where we hear about them before the season and when they are doing well, but they disappear when they have a bad season.

we can only hope

Top Bottom