All Things 2018-19 Other College Basketball Games Thread

Good outcome for the Gophers imo. If Purdue wins this I can see them being deflated and the refs being a little hesitant to give Purdue home court advantage on Sunday.

This was a big win for Purdue to pull out. Looking at their remaining schedule, they will be favored in most all of them. They aren't the best team in the Big Ten but they have a path that could make them contend for a while. Let's hope the Gophers catch them on an off day Sunday. Edwards got a huge night (38 points) out of his system so maybe he goes cold...

Admittedly, I have not seen much of Purdue this year, but if they use the lineups they used in overtime, I could see Murphy having a significant impact. Williams and Haarms could probably D him up, but they weren't on the court together while I was watching. They don't appear to have someone else that could match his strength. Ultimately, the game looks like it might be decided by how well Purdue shoots from the 3-point line.

I'm guessing Coffey will be guarding Edwards? If we can limit his damage and keep Kline from raining too many 3s I think we have a much better front court

You got to put Kalscheur on him. If you can limit him to 10-12 points you have a chance. MSU did this and still lost.

Agreed... Gabe or McBrayer will guard Edward's. Purdue has a chance to win BIG10 regular season championship.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm guessing Coffey will be guarding Edwards? If we can limit his damage and keep Kline from raining too many 3s I think we have a much better front court

I'd agree, could be Mcbrayer but I am guessing Coffey.

I'd probably put Dupree on him, Gabe is a great fundamental/effort defender but I feel like Dupree is a little quicker which will be necessary with Edwards.

Awesome 10 days in the conference. Now we find out who the best 5 teams are and who are the mediocre .500 teams. We have already defined who is horrible.

Awesome 10 days in the conference. Now we find out who the best 5 teams are and who are the mediocre .500 teams. We have already defined who is horrible.

The thing is, I don’t think anyone is “horrible” which is what makes the conference this year really fun

The thing is, I don’t think anyone is “horrible” which is what makes the conference this year really fun

Just my opinion but by my standard Penn State, Illinois, Nebraska, Rutgers are horrible. Indiana, Northwestern are bad. .500 is mediocre.

Just my opinion but by my standard Penn State, Illinois, Nebraska, Rutgers are horrible. Indiana, Northwestern are bad. .500 is mediocre.

So a team that the ranking system you love says is #28 is horrible?

Except in the Big10, the horrible teams are not horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bingo. Our horrible teams would do well in all but a couple of other conferences.

Iowa up by 13 at the half against Michigan.

Hawkeyes take down the Wolverines. Big Ten is a battle every night. Wow.

If Fernando stays out of foul trouble, I am predicting that Maryland will beat Wisconsin...but that's probably a big if.

Iowa stormed the court after their win???:rolleyes:

If you read my posts you will see that i never said that it was perfect nor the only metric and that i hated Nebraska being ranked over us. Then the explanation of why we are not higher. Our resume' over all does not justify higher than 25-30 so far. NET is not the only usable measuring system and that the top 20 are common ground in every pole because of how often they win, who they beat and where. They rock those big totals,and great road records because they play well. We played poorly too often against bad to mediocre teams. It is too bad that Nebraska is becoming a low worth victory, that Utah and Oklahoma State is not very good, Santa Clara terrible. Make up your own mind of what you think is a good team or bad. I did not see those bottom of the conference teams i named dominating the non con. Penn State did beat V. Tech in State college by my god the records stink. I think if your under .500 in the conference your terrible except perhaps in the ACC and even there just not good. Could care less about comparing the bottom of the Big Ten to mid majors., Isaid it was my opinion, did not attack yours. I just go to a ton of games and watch a ton of games and look at all the metrics not just one that does not like my team. Lets win out and be one of those elite 7-8 teams that every metric loves. It was this board that loved Nebraska, loved Tim Miles and no excuses about Copeland as they were 3-6 with him. Just so many mediocre programs in the Big 10.

Wisconsin going to storm the court if they beat Maryland?

If they do, they're not a special team. :cool:

UW storms the court when they win the Big 10. Been there for it. Since Maryland joined the conference the Badgers dwarf them in every category. No court storms. Teams with lots of success over a decent amount of time hardly ever court storm.

UW storms the court when they win the Big 10. Been there for it. Since Maryland joined the conference the Badgers dwarf them in every category. No court storms. Teams with lots of success over a decent amount of time hardly ever court storm.

It was a joke, lighten up Francis.

wisconsin already with their 4th team foul of the game a mere 19:29 into the first half.

Top Bottom