All Things 2018-19 Other College Basketball Games Thread

Indiana v Purdue ugly but close

What age is this Haarms ******? How long do we have to watch this freak's antics?

He is even more obnoxious than Davison in my opinion, but Davison is still the bigger asshole.

Agreed. Davison I suppose is worse because he has shown a calculated approach to hurting opponents. Haarms is just a spaz. Not as dangerous, but more annoying. He has the mannerisms of Brian Cardinal and the mammoth head of Evan Eschmeyer.

Who the hell is Freddie Gillespie and why am I first hearing about him in a Baylor Iowa State game????

Rutgers beating MSU in East Lansing 32-25 at halftime

Wish we could’ve played this version of Michigan stte

That knee injury for Zion did not look good... would be surprised if he isn't done for the year.

That knee injury for Zion did not look good... would be surprised if he isn't done for the year.

Did not look like a typical ACL-type injury. Probably precautionary. Lot of torque on that shoe; but a bad look for Nike.

Did not look like a typical ACL-type injury. Probably precautionary. Lot of torque on that shoe; but a bad look for Nike.

I've never seen an athlete's shoe literally explode like that during a sporting event. That may put a damper on Nike winning the Zion shoe mega-deal sweepstakes.

Duke goes from three to two top-five draft picks and not looking so elite any more.

Hard to say. But if he can’t come back Duke won’t win it.

Yeah true, it looked like at least an MCL sprain...but you never know about these types of things.

If he doesn't come back, I agree that Duke probably won't win it and I don't feel sorry for them either. They still have Barrett, Redish and Jones. This is the potential downside side of choosing to be a one and done program...they have little depth behind the freshman and that's on Coach K and the way most Blue Bloods recruit. When guys stay healthy, they can win a Natty, but if inuries hit your star freshman...hard to adjust.

Yeah true, it looked like at least an MCL sprain...but you never know about these types of things.

If he doesn't come back, I agree that Duke probably won't win it and I don't feel sorry for them either. They still have Barrett, Redish and Jones. This is the potential downside side of choosing to be a one and done program...they have little depth behind the freshman and that's on Coach K and the way most Blue Bloods recruit. When guys stay healthy, they can win a Natty, but if inuries hit your star freshman...hard to adjust.

They only have six 4 star players on the bench besides his remaining mcdonald all americans, poor coach K.

Caught the end of Nevada getting upset by San Diego State tonight. The announcers put up their resume and mentioned how they thought this loss could drop them from a projected 4 seed to a 6 seed. How you ask? They are 0-0 for the year versus Quad 1! It feels almost impossible to avoid any Quad 1 games this late in the season no matter your conference affiliation. Supposedly their only Quad 1 opportunity will be Utah State. Even with Nevada losing, I'd hate to be the poor 3 seed that got matched up with Nevada as a 6 in the round of 32.

I've never seen an athlete's shoe literally explode like that during a sporting event. That may put a damper on Nike winning the Zion shoe mega-deal sweepstakes.

What we saw was a shoe for today exposed by an athlete from the future. Nike probably didn't have a 285 man built like a linebacker with the agility of a PG when they designed it.

No way Zion's inner circle let's him play another college basketball game.

By all accounts, he appears to be a little different than a lot of the guys who are locked in on the pros. You're probably right, and I would not blame him one bit if that is the decision he comes to, but it would not surprise me if he comes back to help his team. That would be risky, but it would say a lot about his character too.

By all accounts, he appears to be a little different than a lot of the guys who are locked in on the pros. You're probably right, and I would not blame him one bit if that is the decision he comes to, but it would not surprise me if he comes back to help his team. That would be risky, but it would say a lot about his character too.

He will be back. He could get hurt in individual workout as well. If he is cleared to play he will play.

What we saw was a shoe for today exposed by an athlete from the future. Nike probably didn't have a 285 man built like a linebacker with the agility of a PG when they designed it.

This is a funny take. I'd argue a lot of guys put as much stress on shoes as Zion. Football players, Shaq in his prime, etc. The shoe failed, it happens. Materials fail all the time. Just an awful time for it to happen

He will be back. He could get hurt in individual workout as well. If he is cleared to play he will play.

I agree. Lets say he tore his ACL. I think he is still the first pick. So unless he has a catastrophic injury (paralyzed, loses a limb, etc) he will be the first pick.

This may be the case, but if so, he shouldn't have signed with Duke. If that is the plan, go to Vanderbuilt, LSU, etc. You go there to put up numbers and get drafted high and if something happens, you pull the plug. Going to Duke means you wanted in on the legacy and winning a title. I bet he plays again if 100% healthy.

This may be the case, but if so, he shouldn't have signed with Duke. If that is the plan, go to Vanderbuilt, LSU, etc. You go there to put up numbers and get drafted high and if something happens, you pull the plug. Going to Duke means you wanted in on the legacy and winning a title. I bet he plays again if 100% healthy.
Haven't seen any news about the specific diagnosis, but assuming it is't an ACL/MCL, it's way too earlier for his inner circle to speculate what the best move is. Let the guy heal for a couple of days and try to get him to step on the court. even then, it will take a few weeks for Zion to probable know whether or not he is fully ready to go

Going to Duke means he's making good money right now. He will play. If he doesn't, Duke's boosters won't put up the cash any longer. Going to Vandy, LSU, etc, doesn't get him a thing other than a jersey and free school.

Top Bottom