All Things 2018-19 Other College Basketball Games Thread

Northwestern plugging away. Just took the lead with 6 minutes to go.

NU and UM going down to the wire.

Great game between NW and UM.
Not a good look by NW at the end but UM defense really forced them into that desperation shot.

Great game in Evanston. This league is going to be so tough this year.

Great game between NW and UM.
Not a good look by NW at the end but UM defense really forced them into that desperation shot.
Last offensive play drawn up just the way Tubby Smith likes it. [emoji16]

Correction: Over Penn State.

Michigan playing very well against Northwestern. But, the Wildcats are trying to hang in there. Wolverines up 36-30 at the half.

Correction: you’re talking about different games. Look at the date of posts.

Gonzaga at home beats Washington on a last second shot. Gonzaga struggled with Washington’s zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brad Davidson just hit a Marquette player in the balls. 69-65 Marquette 2 minutes left in OT on Fox.

Davison with the intentional nut punch for the flagrant 1. What a punk that kid is, Grayson Allen Lite.

New Mexico St. going toe to toe with Kansas in Kansas City. I love it when Kansas and Self lose, I really hope Hurt doesn’t go there.

Incredible facility in Milwaukee and a electric atmosphere but as someone who likes the way Davison competes that was absolute bush league play by him today. Hopeful that coach Gard suspends him two games.

Nebraska over Creighton 94-75. Creighton hung around with Gonzaga for most of their game a week ago. Good sign after our win over N last Wednesday.

Sent from my LM-X212(G) using Tapatalk

Purdue loses by 4 to a decent Texas team that was coming off of back to back losses to Radford and VCU.

7 B1G teams's in Seth Davis's top 25. Nebraska at #17:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:

Nice to see Nevada doing so well. Number 6 in the nation!

Also awesome to see Kentucky dropping games. They don't deserve a top ten rating. Got destroyed by Duke and lost to Seton Hall on Saturday. The same Seton 6-3 Hall that lost to Nebraska by 23. They've beat nobody of note. Southern Illinois, North Dakota, VMI, Winthrop, Tenn State, Monmouth, and UNC Greensboro. It's ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Spoke to soon. Nevada dropped to #7 and Kentucky dropped 10 spots to #19. They still don't deserve that ranking.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

So...this must've been an interesting game to watch in person....and it involves my alma mater, so I have to make a bit of a shout out on this one.

SDSU shot 35-46, including going 16-21 on 3 pointers to lead 90-33 at HALFTIME. They slowed it down in the 2nd half, but still finished 23-34 on 3 pointers for the game and shot 60.9% overall to win 139-72.

Based on the highlight video here and looking at some of Savannah State's other games, looks like they play pretty fast-paced and give very little effort (if any) on defense.

Iowa maybe still deserves some ranking love, but I see them leveling off in the 25-40 range by conference play.

Sent from my LM-X212(G) using Tapatalk

Badgers going down to Western Kentucky on the road. Tough game to schedule over break. Badgers looking a lot like in the past. They make threes and get a lead they are tough. Fall behind and off shooting and not that good.

UCLA loses at home against Liberty. Really ugly. Double digit loss. Alfords seat has to be getting hotter. Four losses in a row in brutal fashion.

That WKU team that Badgers lost to lost to Belmont and Troy in last two weeks.

That WKU team that Badgers lost to lost to Belmont and Troy in last two weeks.

As for common opponents, WKU lost at Washington by 18. Very interesting.

The Marquette/WKU losses for Wisconsin definitely make this game at Wisconsin feel much more winnable. Still see us as 5-7 point underdog, but WI seems to be settling back down to earth a bit.

Honestly, I'm just hoping for a solid performance on the road - make them beat us rather than just letting them walk all over us after we fold like a cheap tent.

Got to learn how to grind out a few toss-up games on the road if we want to make the NCAA tournament this year.

Last edited:

Nebraska loses at Maryland. Poor job of coaching by Miles in the last couple minutes. Nebraska ran a porous 1-3-1 defense that left open Maryland players and no rebounding strength. First win by Maryland over a ranked opponent since 2016. Huskers fans have to be disappointed.

Does anyone know what's going on with Sims? I mean.....he rejected us to go to Texas so I could care less that he's not putting up impressive numbers. And f*** Texas....I'm glad that they are average at best. But Sims hasn't even entered the game tonight against K-State (less than 10 minutes remaining). This is after playing only 11 minutes in their previous game recording one rebound and zero shots and only six minutes in the game before that recording one rebound and zero shots.

Does anyone know what's going on with Sims? I mean.....he rejected us to go to Texas so I could care less that he's not putting up impressive numbers. And f*** Texas....I'm glad that they are average at best. But Sims hasn't even entered the game tonight against K-State (less than 10 minutes remaining). This is after playing only 11 minutes in their previous game recording one rebound and zero shots and only six minutes in the game before that recording one rebound and zero shots.

I know little but saw a part of a Texas game earlier this year that the announcers said going into the season Sims was supposed to be the breakout player and someone else has passed him up. Looks like Jericho is dropping on the depth chart. In my illogical fans mind hopefully this means fewer of the Minnesota kids ordered by Texas will consider them because he hasn’t succeeded. Makes no sense of course but that doesn’t stop the skewed thought process.

Top Bottom