All Things 2018-19 Other College Basketball Games Thread

Does anyone know what's going on with Sims? I mean.....he rejected us to go to Texas so I could care less that he's not putting up impressive numbers. And f*** Texas....I'm glad that they are average at best. But Sims hasn't even entered the game tonight against K-State (less than 10 minutes remaining). This is after playing only 11 minutes in their previous game recording one rebound and zero shots and only six minutes in the game before that recording one rebound and zero shots.

Yet the strib told us he would be a starter here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boston College at #10 Va Tech right now. Huge MSU at Ohio State happening now too.

Sent from my LM-X212(G) using Tapatalk

Boston College at #10 Va Tech right now. Huge MSU at Ohio State happening now too.

Sent from my LM-X212(G) using Tapatalk

BC is winning early in the 2nd half

BC, Santa Clara, Oklahoma State and Utah all continue to lose. Washington managed to beat Washington State, Ohio State lost at home to MSU. Gophers top 3 in the conference on my pick. Got a building block the other night on what happens when you actually dig in defensively.

Nevada lost by 27 at New Mexico. Figured it should be mentioned. A lot of people in the Twin Cities like to follow Eric Musselman for some reason.

Good catch, it does need to be mentioned. Even if this job is open, Musselman is not coming here.

Nevada lost by 27 at New Mexico. Figured it should be mentioned. A lot of people in the Twin Cities like to follow Eric Musselman for some reason.

Trying not to turn this into the Eric Musselman thread, but with Steve Alford getting fired, there has understandably been some talk of Musselman possibly taking the UCLA job, and I saw some UCLA fans on reddit mentioning some "skeletons in Musselman's closet" which might make him a less appealing candidate. I don't know what this is in reference to, but apparently it was being discussed on a UCLA premium message board.

More directly related to the thread, Northwestern is currently holding onto a narrow lead against Illinois with 5 minutes to go. #21 Indiana @ #2 Michigan is on CBS at 3:30, #24 Nebraska is favored by 2 @ #25 Iowa at 4:30 on BTN, and #22 Wisconsin @ Penn State starts at 6:30 on BTN.

Nebraska and Iowa both lost earlier this week to unranked opponents, as did Wisconsin obviously so all 3 could end up unranked after this week. Indiana is 12-2, would fall to 12-3 with a loss to Michigan, compared to Gophers' 12-2. Indiana has a handful of narrow victories, beating Northwestern by 2 at home, beating Penn state by 2 in Happy Valley, and Butler by 3 on a neutral court. 23 point victory over Marquette, 1 point loss to Arkansas, and a loss to Duke.

Michigan all over Indiana early. Man they look good

Michigan all over Indiana early. Man they look good

It's MSU and Michigan and then the rest. It would not surprise me to see both of them with no more than two losses, with the next one behind at five. Puling out a W against either one anywhere would be a huge win.

Nebraska is now 1-3 after giving up a 1000 at Iowa. Miles is now 7-35 when his team gives up more than 75 points ! Quit playing that way !

Both Michigan and MSU will have more than two losses. Well more than two losses.

It's MSU and Michigan and then the rest. It would not surprise me to see both of them with no more than two losses, with the next one behind at five. Puling out a W against either one anywhere would be a huge win.

If they can get healthy, I’ll keep Hoosiers in that group with Michigan & MSU. But other than that, I agree, don’t see any other legit Big Ten title contenders. I’m still not buying Ohio State as a title contender.

If they can get healthy, I’ll keep Hoosiers in that group with Michigan & MSU. But other than that, I agree, don’t see any other legit Big Ten title contenders. I’m still not buying Ohio State as a title contender.

Archie Miller is a tremendous coach but i think the Gophers finish ahead of the Hoosiers.

Archie Miller is a tremendous coach but i think the Gophers finish ahead of the Hoosiers.
Hoosiers only had 7 turnovers against Michigan and they have some great athletes. We'll have to play lock down defense and not turn the ball over to win that game.

i just saw on twitter that duke plays its first true road game tonight.

i just saw on twitter that duke plays its first true road game tonight.

Outside of the ACC/Big Ten challenge, Duke hasnt played a non-conference road game since 2012. Coach K simply doesn't schedule them anymore...

Rutgers up on OSU by 7 late in the 2nd half. Saturday isn't going to be an easy one.

Even if Rutgers doesn't lose, still not worried. we have a veteran team. We will bounce back.

It's funny how we lose a game at home to what will be one of the top 4 teams in the conference (Maryland) after shooting so bad from the FT line and people think we're going to lost at home to Rutgers. You realize this is the same team who came back from double digits against a ranked Nebraska team and then beat a ranked Wisconsin team on the road, right?

Rutgers wins 64-61.

And I didn’t say we were going to lose to them, only that it won’t be as easy as I think everyone assumed it would be. Rutgers just beat the #16 team, one that beat us by 20. We’re not good enough to take any team for granted so they better show up on Saturday.

Marquettes Markus Howard scores 53!!! in a 106-104 in OT. He must be something else.

Marquettes Markus Howard scores 53!!! in a 106-104 in OT. He must be something else.

Is that his second 50+ point game this year? I thought he scored some absurd amount of points earlier in the season.

Creighton had an all time choke job in that game against Marquette. They were up 5 with 8 seconds to play, and allow a layup with .8 seconds left to cut it to 3. Creighton then throws away the the in bounds pass with nobody touching the ball so the clock stays at .8. Marquette then has to in bound the ball under the basket, throw a pass out past the 3 point line and knock down a heave to tie the game. Unbelievably, Creighton makes no attempt to foul here and also can not get a hand on the in bounds pass and the Marquette player catches and knocks down the heave to force OT.

Katz said at halftime of Rutgers game can book it that the big ten will have 10 teams in the tournament. Pac 10 will only have one or two and named a couple mid majors that will have fewer than normal. Spots have to be filled.

Top Bottom