Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

i just saw on twitter that duke plays its first true road game tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Go4 View Post
    i just saw on twitter that duke plays its first true road game tonight.
    Outside of the ACC/Big Ten challenge, Duke hasnt played a non-conference road game since 2012. Coach K simply doesn't schedule them anymore...

Rutgers up on OSU by 7 late in the 2nd half. Saturday isn't going to be an easy one.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGopher View Post
    Rutgers up on OSU by 7 late in the 2nd half. Saturday isn't going to be an easy one.
    Anyone else suddenly feeling nervous?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
    Not in the least. They're at home and they blew the lead. Losing this will break their spirit

Even if Rutgers doesn't lose, still not worried. we have a veteran team. We will bounce back.

It's funny how we lose a game at home to what will be one of the top 4 teams in the conference (Maryland) after shooting so bad from the FT line and people think we're going to lost at home to Rutgers. You realize this is the same team who came back from double digits against a ranked Nebraska team and then beat a ranked Wisconsin team on the road, right?

Quote Originally Posted by WriterGoph View Post
    Not in the least. They're at home and they blew the lead. Losing this will break their spirit
    I'm sure you're right.

F yeah

Rutgers wins 64-61.

And I didn’t say we were going to lose to them, only that it won’t be as easy as I think everyone assumed it would be. Rutgers just beat the #16 team, one that beat us by 20. We’re not good enough to take any team for granted so they better show up on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGopher View Post
    Rutgers wins 64-61.

We’re not good enough to take any team for granted
    Ain't that the truth!

I'm sure you're right.
    I will be on Saturday. Gladly.

Marquettes Markus Howard scores 53!!! in a 106-104 in OT. He must be something else.

Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    Marquettes Markus Howard scores 53!!! in a 106-104 in OT. He must be something else.
    Is that his second 50+ point game this year? I thought he scored some absurd amount of points earlier in the season.

Creighton had an all time choke job in that game against Marquette. They were up 5 with 8 seconds to play, and allow a layup with .8 seconds left to cut it to 3. Creighton then throws away the the in bounds pass with nobody touching the ball so the clock stays at .8. Marquette then has to in bound the ball under the basket, throw a pass out past the 3 point line and knock down a heave to tie the game. Unbelievably, Creighton makes no attempt to foul here and also can not get a hand on the in bounds pass and the Marquette player catches and knocks down the heave to force OT.

Katz said at halftime of Rutgers game can book it that the big ten will have 10 teams in the tournament. Pac 10 will only have one or two and named a couple mid majors that will have fewer than normal. Spots have to be filled.