All Things 2018-19 Other College Basketball Games Thread

Indiana in OT with Iowa

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Indiana is playing tougher after the Gophers' rout. Iowa, on the other hand, is having an almost magical year.

The margin for error in the big ten is small.

Richard possibly on hot seat.
Iowa coach likely a top 4 coach of the year candidate in conference.

If each team has 3 basketballs bounce differently Iowa coach in hot seat and Richard gets extension.

Texas Tech just destroyed KU by 29.

Go Gophers!!

Interesting seeing Villanova collapse for the third game in a row - with their very highly respected, future HOF, 2x national champion winning coach and his stable program and system and all. Its weird what happens when college kids can't make outside shots, huh?

Interesting seeing Villanova collapse for the third game in a row - with their very highly respected, future HOF, 2x national champion winning coach and his stable program and system and all. Its weird what happens when college kids can't make outside shots, huh?
Bingo

Quite the stretch comparing program that has won 2 national titles in the last 3 years to a program that has played 1 NCAA Tourney game over the last 5 years going into this season.

All the credit to you. Even though you failed miserably you tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Quite the stretch comparing program that has won 2 national titles in the last 3 years to a program that has played 1 NCAA Tourney game going into this season.

No, not at all. The point stands and it stands easily. Regardless of coach or program, you can see what happens when a team can't hit shots.

On top of that, you can even prove that Minnesota has clearly lost too much better teams during this stretch than Villanova has during theirs.

No, not at all. The point stands and it stands easily. Regardless of coach or program, you can see what happens when a team can't hit shots.

If that is the case the Gophers haven’t hit shots in 4 out of 6 years under Pitino.

Quite the stretch comparing program that has won 2 national titles in the last 3 years to a program that has played 1 NCAA Tourney game over the last 5 years going into this season.

Your condescending attitude is dog****. You're so deeply invested in your little agenda that you can't even see what an idiot you are. How else do you explain Villanova losing two games in a row to unranked teams where they held sizable leads in the second half and collapsed badly. Is it the coaching? Is it the recruiting? Is it the offensive sets? Or is it the fact that can't buy a bucket?

If that is the case the Gophers haven’t hit shots in 4 out of 6 years under Pitino.

You have no argument here literally no leg to stand on. I was never comparing Villanova's program with Minnesota's program or the coach with our coach. The point is, which is 1000% correct, in the college game you can see how greatly it affects things when players aren't hitting shots

Scool12 should cheer for Wisconsin

Your condescending attitude is dog****. You're so deeply invested in your little agenda that you can't even see what an idiot you are. How else do you explain Villanova losing two games in a row to unranked teams where they held sizable leads in the second half and collapsed badly. Is it the coaching? Is it the recruiting? Is it the offensive sets? Or is it the fact that can't buy a bucket?

I’m not the one trying to compare a bad three game stretch by Villanova to a program whose current coach has a conference record 30 games under .500

Yea - I am idiot.

I’m not the one trying to compare a bad three game stretch by Villanova to a program whose current coach has a conference record 30 games under .500

Yea - I am idiot.

Have fun crying today when we stomp Rutgers

So again, how do you explain Villanova's play during this 3-game collapse-fest? They have a better program or have won national titles is not a valid answer

Man I wish gophers could host a top 10 game in late February.

Especially when that supreme coach lost 4 guys in the last NBA draft ! Better example is what UVA did on the road against a ranked team while shooting 2-17 from 3.

I'd prefer to see MSU beat Michigan. Is there a better outcome for the Gophers? I'd assume since we still have another shot against MSU...that we'd want them to be as highly ranked as possible.

I'd prefer to see MSU beat Michigan. Is there a better outcome for the Gophers? I'd assume since we still have another shot against MSU...that we'd want them to be as highly ranked as possible.

Another shot?

Especially when that supreme coach lost 4 guys in the last NBA draft ! Better example is what UVA did on the road against a ranked team while shooting 2-17 from 3.

And on cue - you never miss a chance to get in a Bennett / UVA reference.

What does that have to do with Villanova? They were ranked in the Top 10 earlier and were rolling through the Big East. So why are they losing now? Were those drafted guys playing last month?

So again, how do you explain Villanova's play during this 3-game collapse-fest? They have a better program or have won national titles is not a valid answer

If your trying to say Villanova’s 3 game stretch where they haven’t made shots is comparable to the Gophers 1-5 stretch I’d argue you’re wrong.

The Gophers not only don’t make shots, they’re a bad offensive team overall that lacks a PG. Also, they’re not a very good defensive team.

It goes a whole lot deeper for the Gophers than just making shots.

What does that have to do with Villanova? They were ranked in the Top 10 earlier and were rolling through the Big East. So why are they losing now? Were those drafted guys playing last month?

Because it was pointed out that any team that struggles shooting will struggle to win . I pointed out what Nova lost , they will not be as consistent. Then i added a example of it not be a certainty that you lose on off shooting nights if you do other things well. These posts about poor shooting or recruiting being 90% of success are shameless attempts to hide the hideous 38-68 record.

Because it was pointed out that any team that struggles shooting will struggle to win . I pointed out what Nova lost , they will not be as consistent. Then i added a example of it not be a certainty that you lose on off shooting nights if you do other things well. These posts about poor shooting or recruiting being 90% of success are shameless attempts to hide the hideous 38-68 record.

Can we hear more about that epic Retrievers team, please? Do you think Tony Bennett will be known more for the worst loss in NCAA Tournament History or his team winning while shooting 2-17?

Top Bottom