All Things 2018-19 Other College Basketball Games Thread

Watching UCLA vs CU and this is my first time sewing McKinley Wright play. He’s good!
Also I feel for the play by play guy having to deal with Bill Walton’s constant chatter about anything and everything and I don’t even mind Bill.

Illinois; man when they are bad they are bad.

Bad things, Clemson, Auburn, Seton hall all winning late:(

Syracuse losing to Clemson would have to get them close to bubble territory.
They are going the wrong way.

Bad things: Lunardi declares even if Texas loses another game to drop to 16-15 they are still in the field.

Which is why gopher fans should feel confident.
A 16-16 team who a few years ago would’ve been inelligible for the NIT is going to maybe make the tourney.

That’s how bad the bubble is

Next up on the bad list:
NC State (bubble) up big over BC (earlier opponent)
Miss St (fairly solidly in) beating A&M (earlier opponent)

EDIT: I didn’t realize how solid Miss St was in. That is pretty irrelevant other than another A&M loss if it happens, which also isn’t that huge of a deal.

Bad things: Lunardi declares even if Texas loses another game to drop to 16-15 they are still in the field.

That’s crazy, they just got throttled by TCU at home by 13. TCU might have moved off bubble with that win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Tech wins at Iowa State and earns at least a share of Big 12 title. First conference title of any kind since 1996(Southwest). Beard has done an amazing job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aside from the Gophers own letdowns, Marquette appears to be single-handedly trying to keep the Gophers out of the tournament. It would have been nice if Marquette could have beaten one of these bubble teams.

Aside from the Gophers own letdowns, Marquette appears to be single-handedly trying to keep the Gophers out of the tournament. It would have been nice if Marquette could have beaten one of these bubble teams.

F&cking Marquette should be bumped from the tournament just for allowing all these other Big East bubble teams to stick around and potentially screw someone else.

Perhaps there's a silver lining? Seton Hall is in regardless, while I would imagine Georgetown still has some work to do. Marquette may not be the marquee win that it was once perceived. St. John's resume is bolstered by beating them twice. Marquette might not even be ranked come Monday.

Temple too, wtf?

Nice win for temple but UCF isn’t any better than any of the bubble teams. Beating UCF isn’t as good of a win as it appears on the surface

Xavier wins, giving them 37 consecutive seasons of at least .500 in whichever conference they were in at the time.

Xavier wins, giving them 37 consecutive seasons of at least .500 in whichever conference they were in at the time.

That is incredible, no matter what conference they are in, great catch. UVA beat Louisville today and won the ACC 4 times in the last 6 years. It can be done !

That is incredible, no matter what conference they are in, great catch. UVA beat Louisville today and won the ACC 4 times in the last 6 years. It can be done !

They are a scary team for the Gophers as they could easily win the ****ty Big East tournament.

Just about everyone we would like to lose, won today, but hard to say all surpassed the Gophers on their games today.
Will be interesting to see how the bracketologists react.

Most of those teams were all already in however, except for Temple.
Gophers might have moved down a seed or so, but unlikely they dropped out.

Alabama might be in trouble if they don't come back and beat Arkansas.

Just about everyone we would like to lose, won today, but hard to say all surpassed the Gophers on their games today.
Will be interesting to see how the bracketologists react.

Most of those teams were all already in however, except for Temple.
Gophers might have moved down a seed or so, but unlikely they dropped out.

Gophers are fine but it could really be a problem if they drop the big 10 tourney opener.

Losing to a quad 1 powerhouse like penn state shouldn’t have much negative impact

It leaves them with a terrible conference mark and a poor Q1 winning % that could be a problem if there are conference tourney upsets.

Gophers are fine but it could really be a problem if they drop the big 10 tourney opener.

Who is going to pass them who is out right now?
Auto-bids could be an issue, but Florida and now Alabama have to be behind them.
Also, Syracuse and Minnesota are at worst a draw right now looking at Q1, Q2, and Q3 reports.

Indiana and Temple are a couple candidates... but still...

I'm not seeing any mid-majors who will out-resume the Gophers at this point.
Most leagues where an auto-bid us out, the current favorite doesn't even stack up well against the Gophers.

Who is going to pass them who is out right now?
Auto-bids could be an issue, but Florida and now Alabama have to be behind them.
Also, Syracuse and Minnesota are at worst a draw right now looking at Q1, Q2, and Q3 reports.

Indiana and Temple are a couple candidates... but still...

I'm not seeing any mid-majors who will out-resume the Gophers at this point.
Most leagues where an auto-bid us out, the current favorite doesn't even stack up well against the Gophers.

Wofford is going to get in even if they do not get the Auto. What if by chance Gonzaga does not win the conference tourney, What if the Pac gets UW, ASU and a conference tourney winner ! What if Buffalo does not win its conference tourney. We can put it to rest by beating Penn State.

It leaves them with a terrible conference mark and a poor Q1 winning % that could be a problem if there are conference tourney upsets.

Good thing the committee doesn’t even consider conference marks.

Wofford is going to get in even if they do not get the Auto. What if by chance Gonzaga does not win the conference tourney, What if the Pac gets UW, ASU and a conference tourney winner ! What if Buffalo does not win its conference tourney. We can put it to rest by beating Penn State.

If Washington and Arizona state lose to someone other than each other, the gophers will have a resume better than both of them IMO

Top Bottom