All Things 2018-19 Other College Basketball Games Thread

16 losses and in? Good lord. That has be 2-3 more than has ever happened for an at-large bid.

And somehow some people think the gophers need 3 more wins and a BTT win to have a chance

Look at the wins they have compared to the Gophers wins.

Doesn't matter. There's a good shot that they finish at 16-15 in the regular season. That doesn't deserve an invite to the tournament.

And somehow some people think the gophers need 3 more wins and a BTT win to have a chance

Texas is far ahead of us in every bracket. I don't get it. They did beat NC and Purdue in non-conference, but also lost to Radford, Providence and Georgia. In the conference, they've lost to OK State and Baylor and three of their seven wins are WVU and OK State.

Texas is far ahead of us in every bracket. I don't get it. They did beat NC and Purdue in non-conference, but also lost to Radford, Providence and Georgia. In the conference, they've lost to OK State and Baylor and three of their seven wins are WVU and OK State.

Them being on the 8 line makes me pretty confident that if the gophers win 1 more game and avoid bad losses they’ll be in the tourney.

Meaning if they play 2 quad two teams in the BTT they need 2 more wins.

Them being on the 8 line makes me pretty confident that if the gophers win 1 more game and avoid bad losses they’ll be in the tourney.

Meaning if they play 2 quad two teams in the BTT they need 2 more wins.

If they want to avoid Dayton, they should win two more. Also, we're not factoring in the bid steals that will happen if Wofford, Murray State etc. lose their tournaments.

If they want to avoid Dayton, they should win two more. Also, we're not factoring in the bid steals that will happen if Wofford, Murray State etc. lose their tournaments.

I actually have a lot of confidence that even if they win 3 more they’ll be first four.

I think they’ll look at resumes to put people in but NET to seed them.

Lots of reasons they'd be ahead of us.

We have three wins over likely tournament teams. They have six.
They played three non-conference opponents better than our toughest non-conference opponent. (And won two of those games.)
They play close even when they lose. (Worst loss is by 10 points.) We've gotten run out of the gym a few times.

I have Texas as the last 11 seed on my board right now. I have the Gophers as the first team out, but haven't updated to include tonight's games.

Yes, bid-stealers are definitely going to be a factor. Seems like more so this year than others. A decent amount of mid-majors are sitting well enough that they won't need to win their conference tourneys to get in. SoCon, MAC, Atlantic 10, and Mountain West look ripe for thieves. Wouldn't shock me if it happened in the Pac12 either. Atlantic Sun and Ohio Valley could become two bid leagues if their conference regular season champs lose in the conference tourney final. The WCC as well to a lesser extent.

Washington down 7 to Cal with 8 minutes left. Uh oh, that would not be good.

Lots of reasons they'd be ahead of us.

We have three wins over likely tournament teams. They have six.
They played three non-conference opponents better than our toughest non-conference opponent. (And won two of those games.)
They play close even when they lose. (Worst loss is by 10 points.) We've gotten run out of the gym a few times.

I have Texas as the last 11 seed on my board right now. I have the Gophers as the first team out, but haven't updated to include tonight's games.

So you have them like 7 teams apart

So you have them like 7 teams apart

After updating through last night's games -- I have the Gophers as a 12 seed (second to last team in) and Texas still as the last 11 seed. So now 4 teams between them.

Indiana in a dog fight with MSU. PSU up 31-22 on sconny with two minutes left in the half.

Posted in another thread but applicable here too. There are a lot of big games/opportunities for bubble teams this weekend. Below is a list of all the bubble games this weekend from SelectionSunday's Field of 68 thread yesterday. The bubble team is listed first for all games. We want all the teams on the right to win.

***SATURDAY GAMES***

Almost There (in pretty good shape)
Syracuse @ Wake Forest
Auburn vs Miss St
Ole Mss @ Arkansas

On the Bubble "In"
UCF @ Houston
NC St @ Florida St
Seton Hall @ Georgetown
Ohio St @ Purdue
Oklahoma vs West Virginia
Texas vs Iowa St
TCU vs Texas Tech
Utah St vs Nevada
Alabama vs LSU
Florida vs Georgia

On the Bubble "Out"
Clemson vs North Carolina
Butler @ Villanova
Georgetown vs Seton Hall
Murray St vs Austin Peay
Furman @ Chattanooga

***SUNDAY GAMES***

Almost There (in pretty good shape)
St John's @ DePaul

On the Bubble "In"
Temple vs Tulane
Arizona St @ Oregon St

On the Bubble "Out"
Creighton @ Marquette

Indiana is still going to be in the conversation for an NCAA bid.

Hoping Purdue gets this hot shooting out of their system before Tuesday. Get it all out today.

B10 officials continue to be horrible. End of Penn St./WI and WI shoves PSU player out of bounds- basically intentional foul to not give up a 3 pt attempt.
No foul called and ball awarded to WI. Game at WI of course.

B10 officials continue to be horrible. End of Penn St./WI and WI shoves PSU player out of bounds- basically intentional foul to not give up a 3 pt attempt.

That was atrocious. Even if not a shooting foul, how do you not call a foul for the push out of bounds? I can't believe Chambers didn't get a tech. Buck the Fadgers.

They weren't calling anything though, Penn State was hacking away and not getting called on a number of plays down the stretch, if anything Wisconsin was getting screwed.

Man.. Pudue won by 40...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Man.. Pudue won by 40...

I'd rather play a very good team after they shoot extremely well than one who has just had an atrocious, uncharacteristic poor shooting game. Law of averages usually evens things out.

College teams rarely shoot the percentages Purdue did today in back-to-back games. Oh, crap....did I just jinx the Gophers here? :D

Iowa getting whooped by Rutgers at home.

Battle of potential future Gopher coaches on CBSS, Nevada at Utah State. State winning so far.

Top Bottom