All Things 2018-19 Other College Basketball Games Thread

MSU Ward died from a fractured hand.

Ward out indefinitely with hairline fracture in left (shooting) hand. Press release doesn’t sound very encouraging. Best-case scenario maybe have him for Big Ten Tournament?

Ward out indefinitely with hairline fracture in left (shooting) hand. Press release doesn’t sound very encouraging. Best-case scenario maybe have him for Big Ten Tournament?

That was my impression too. The MSU shorthanded, injury plagued narrative continues. With another injury, we can admire them all the more when they win late in the season with their four star recruit back-ups.

Seriously, tough break (no pun) for the Spartans.

I just hope Ward can't play if the Gophers have to play MSU in the B1G tournament. The dude plays his greatest games against us. Best he doesn't play and destroy us again...

Big Ten tournament notwithstanding, I was disappointed to see his injury. I always like to see Michigan and Michigan State do well in the tournament. I'm a big fan of Izzo and Beilein.

Big Ten tournament notwithstanding, I was disappointed to see his injury. I always like to see Michigan and Michigan State do well in the tournament. I'm a big fan of Izzo and Beilein.

I'd add Painter to those two, really like him, as well.

I just hope Ward can't play if the Gophers have to play MSU in the B1G tournament. The dude plays his greatest games against us. Best he doesn't play and destroy us again...

I hope he can play, i want to play everyone at their best.

I hope he can play, i want to play everyone at their best.
He'll score 30 and destroy Oturu and Stockman. Then he'll spend the rest of the tourney being nearly invisible. I swear the dude elevates his game only against MN.

He'll score 30 and destroy Oturu and Stockman. Then he'll spend the rest of the tourney being nearly invisible. I swear the dude elevates his game only against MN.

I hope we get the opportunity to get destroyed by Ward because it likely means we made it through Thursday.

I hope we get the opportunity to get destroyed by Ward because it likely means we made it through Thursday.

Amen.

If the Gophers make it to the quarterfinals, barring a complete meltdown in these last 5 regular-season games, they'll be dancing.

Illinois leading Wisconsin at halftime in Madison.

Collective b-ball IQ of Illinois maybe 100.

Badgers comical to watch.

Collective b-ball IQ of Illinois maybe 100.

Badgers comical to watch.

They got 6 out of Happ and won. Now they have a real chance at 15-5. This was the year to finally finish ahead of them.

They got 6 out of Happ and won. Now they have a real chance at 15-5. This was the year to finally finish ahead of them.

It’s crazy. We say that year after year. They always find a way to win close games. Their boring style of tough defense and milk-the-clock for a good shot offense works. It’s a bummer, but it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15-5. Who cares? The Badgers do not meet the eye test. They are doing it with mirrors and a little luck this year.

Okie st. trying to take down a scrappy TCU.
Just went up 6 with under 30 seconds to play.

15-5. Who cares? The Badgers do not meet the eye test. They are doing it with mirrors and a little luck this year.

That is what you see ? I see a team that works for good shots, limits turnovers and plays great defense. Their OE and DE numbers are strong. Nothing lucky about that.

It's their damn style of play, tempo-control game. They just don't lose that often to the sh!ttier teams in the league. They are 6-0 right now against the bottom half of the conference. If they go 15-5, they will be 10-0 against the bottom 7. (...assuming the Gophers can win enough to stay ahead of Illinois and Ohio State.)

But I agree about them not being quite as good as their record. They can get away shooting 27% from 3 against Illinois and Minnesota and still win. But when they do that in the tournament, they will be sent packing. Defense won't hold every team below 60. They caught a real break not having to go to Purdue or Michigan State this year. They have losing records against Painter (8-12) and Izzo (7-15) over the last decade or so. But even if they had to, they'd still be above 500 in conference. The ***holes. :D

This was the year to finally finish ahead of them.
No, that was last year. And the Gophers really botched that opportunity.

You thought the Gophers would be better than them this year? While the Gophers tanked last year and said goodbye to Mason, the Badgers finished strong and returned everyone.

That is what you see ? I see a team that works for good shots, limits turnovers and plays great defense. Their OE and DE numbers are strong. Nothing lucky about that.

You should root for them

No, that was last year. And the Gophers really botched that opportunity.

You thought the Gophers would be better than them this year? While the Gophers tanked last year and said goodbye to Mason, the Badgers finished strong and returned everyone.

They botched it?

I see a "scrappy" but borderline unwatchable team. They had 6 points with 10 minutes left in the first half. Would never pony up $$$ for season tix to watch that style of basketball.

I see a "scrappy" but borderline unwatchable team. They had 6 points with 10 minutes left in the first half. Would never pony up $$$ for season tix to watch that style of basketball.

They aren't really going to blow anyone out...that would require the other team to score in the 30s��

Most national analysts thought the Gophers weren't a tournament team this year. Most of us on here thought we'd be on the bubble. No one thought the Badgers would miss the tournament. To say the Gophers blew its chance of catching Wisconsin this year is a joke.

The Gophers absolutely are inching closer to Wisconsin in football. Think the same about the basketball programs. Let's see how this plays out by 2020

Top Bottom