***OFFICIAL PURDUE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

I wish we could fire our DC every week, it seems to get the guys fired up.

I wouldn't have believed that firing a defensive coordinator could make this much difference in less than a week. I know the weather is giving an assist, but still.

I just saw a highlight of the TD... is that a bloody tampon down the back of the Gopher's helmets today? Gross.

Fair to say Purdue overlooked us a little bit and our guys are playing for pride.

Who says they overlooked us? They started the year 0-3, losing to EMU in the process. They shouldn't be overlooking anyone.

It bothers me when fans have the mindset that if we play bad, we're bad, but if we play well, it's because the other team is either not good, or they overlooked us. I'll grant you that Purdue is not playing great, but isn't it possible they're giving us their best shot and we're beating them anyway?

I just saw a highlight of the TD... is that a bloody tampon down the back of the Gopher's helmets today? Gross.

We have the lead and played a pretty good first half. Why do you want to take the joy away? Unless you are Phat Pat... Then I understand!

We have the lead and played a pretty good first half. Why do you want to take the joy away? Unless you are Phat Pat... Then I understand!

Just an ahole who complains about the team every day and then doesn’t even watch the games.

Not worth your time.

Robb Smith must be really bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think the weather and the DC switch up are in play here.

We have spilled rather than contained some runs (a philosophical difference).
Also, our down and distance tendencies are out of whack with a new play caller which messes with a O mind like Brohm.

Huff just flipped the ball from about 5 yards to the ref and the ref dropped it.

But then we get a strip and score. So I say retire handing the ball to the ref.

Well now the defense is out scoring Purdue. Did not see this coming.

The defense looks possessed and will not be denied.

This is the biggest defensive surprise since Mason's last game where a horrible pass defense completely smothered Leach and Texas Tech for 3 quarters.

Or when the suspended defense stuffed Leach and Washington State for 4 quarters in the Holiday Bowl.

Perhaps it wasn’t the players.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so pleasantly surprised by the lead and stats, I may just be ecstatic! However a coach should not be branding his team like a farmer to their cattle.

I'm watching the game at a B-Dubs in Florida and got them to put it on a tiny screen in the corner (SEC Country...), and now all the locals are freaking out about the game being played in the snow. Should've brought Dilly Bars for everyone.

Not to get too overly excited but... can we get a Rossi statue? Everyone seems in the right spots today... so no bad missed tackles.

Who says they overlooked us? They started the year 0-3, losing to EMU in the process. They shouldn't be overlooking anyone.

It bothers me when fans have the mindset that if we play bad, we're bad, but if we play well, it's because the other team is either not good, or they overlooked us. I'll grant you that Purdue is not playing great, but isn't it possible they're giving us their best shot and we're beating them anyway?

Impossible....don't you know that PJ gets outcouched week in and week out.....if you pay attention to GH

Could Rossi win the job full time?

Sounds like he will definitely be given a fair shot. The odds are probably against it, but if our defense plays even close to this well the rest of the season it would be hard not to give it to him.

Our D looks fantastic today! They are playing fast, smart, tough, and having fun out there for the first time in a long time. It's a lot of fun to watch as a fan. Now let's finish this thing!

In a minute I'm going to pop over to a Purdue forum so I can see some other team's fans pull their hair out for a change.

Considering their Big Ten record vs ours, considering their victory list, considering our defense I absolutely think they weren’t 100% mentally ready.

I’m giving props to the team, besides. The defense is playing much better than anyone expected. Is that ok to say, or did you expect this turn of events?

Top Bottom