Anybody Gonna Be at TCF Stadium Tomorrow?

15,000 fannies in seats tomorrow? Or would that be high end?

Going with our usual party of 7. Looking forward to Elsie's for late breakfast and a little stub and herbs time pre game.

This is one of those weekends where I thank the lord that for granting me the wisdom to drop season tickets.

Come to think of it, most fall weekends have been like that...

How did the good Lord reach out to you? Did he come down off of Spirit Mountain? Please don't tell me it was Buck Hill. I could use some of that divine guidance. Maybe I'm already dead and this is my time in purgatory? After much discussion with the coaching staff and medical team I made the decision to put the red shirt back on for the remainder of the season, a healthy scratch for the last two game if you will. A contributing factor was coach Fleck's remarks earlier this week that after two years this is "where he expected to be". As such, I suspect I and several thousand other ticket holders not in attendance will be elsewhere..."where we expect to be" until this sh*t show is turned around , if ever.

Nope. Was able to sell my row 8 section 112s for $30 a pop. That should buy me enough Red Baron pizzas next year to go to a couple of games. Dropping the season tickets.

The hand warmers work well inside your boots just as they do your gloves, just don't put them inside the socks.

Also a piece of cardboard to stand on works well to radiate less cold from the concrete for your feet. It keeps your feet warmer longer TCF radiates cold to your feet like no other stadium I have ever been in.
For those lucky enough to be in the club room tomorrow you will be glad to be inside, this one will be colder than the Iowa game a couple years back and the Wisconsin game 3 years ago.

The hand warmers work well inside your boots just as they do your gloves, just don't put them inside the socks.

Also a piece of cardboard to stand on works well to radiate less cold from the concrete for your feet. It keeps your feet warmer longer TCF radiates cold to your feet like no other stadium I have ever been in.
For those lucky enough to be in the club room tomorrow you will be glad to be inside, this one will be colder than the Iowa game a couple years back and the Wisconsin game 3 years ago.

You could stick a few in your back pockets too...

I sit on a foam cushion.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

You_Sit_On_A_Throne_Of_Lies.jpg

There with new guests..... hot brats.... cold beer, hoping to see the guy dancing without the shirt after the 3rd quarter!

Have to leave at half because of a friends wedding. Hopefully the defense makes an appearance.

2 of us

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

May or may not be watching on TV. might have to go to Sioux Falls to get my car stereo system repaired. If not watching live, will DVR the game and watch later. Although there are some HS FB playoff games involving local teams on Saturday that are being streamed live, so I might wind up watching one of those instead.

To be perfectly honest, at this point of my life, if someone gave me free tickets for the game, I'm not sure I'd go, because I just don't feel like a 6-hour round trip drive and dealing with parking, etc. I don't travel much anymore unless it's a family deal - holidays, weddings, etc.

SON, you are indeed a rhyme wrapped in a riddle. You have still never been to TCF for a game have you?

The finest educational post I have ever read on GopherHole.

Season ticket holder, I wouldn't miss it. Tailgating in Lot 37 pre-game. We are 4-1 at home this year, it's been a lot of fun! Dress warm and bring the Fireball!

May or may not be watching on TV. might have to go to Sioux Falls to get my car stereo system repaired. If not watching live, will DVR the game and watch later. Although there are some HS FB playoff games involving local teams on Saturday that are being streamed live, so I might wind up watching one of those instead.

To be perfectly honest, at this point of my life, if someone gave me free tickets for the game, I'm not sure I'd go, because I just don't feel like a 6-hour round trip drive and dealing with parking, etc. I don't travel much anymore unless it's a family deal - holidays, weddings, etc.

I wouldn't be disappointed if you did not post here anymore.

I wouldn't be disappointed if you did not post here anymore.
SON has more passion for the Gophers than anyone. It will take a lifetime of following Gopher sports for you to come close. Scurry on now young buck...

Do you bring your own chair?
72c8bd22b8a0379fa55b5e601d720e97.jpg
Tomorrow the throne will be valuable real estate to warm up at halftime. If you sit on a bench, foam cushion and a blanket are a must. This is going to be second coldest game that I can remember at TCF.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Of course. We only get 7 games a year. My goal going into every game is to have enough good friends, good food and good beverages at the tailgate that the actual score of the game does not dictate whether the day was enjoyable or not. So far this season, we are undefeated!

Same here! Surly before the game for a beer and snack instead of tailgating then it’s bundle up and cheer time.

Same here! Surly before the game for a beer and snack instead of tailgating then it’s bundle up and cheer time.

I could not tolerate Brewster at all, and find our dear leader Phil Fleck to be less than inspiring, but I suspect I'll do what I always do, just get on the 16 bus (old days) or the Green Line and go the game as I always do. (or drive and park for free somewhere close)

Worst case is I get some good takeout food at 6PM and go home and watch the late games regardless of what happens. Of course this is not exactly what our Fleckites promised would happen when Coyle threw TC under the bus, but at this point it does not really matter.

I wonder what the mood will be going into next year is the record is 4-8 with 3 Big Ten wins in two years. I hope Phillip can win just one of the final three, preferably vs. Wisconsin.

would love to go, unfortunately not feeling well. Tried to give my tickets away. No takers. Go Gophers!

Seven of us going today! Ski-U-Mah! We only have 6 tix but I think we will manage to find another no problem.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom