Sid Hartman: Lindsay Whalen breaking records for Gophers again

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

There have been few hires that have been as successful for the University of Minnesota before a single game is played.

The university reported new season tickets have jumped from 32 in 2017 to 1,186 in 2018, along with a 100 percent renewal rate on 1,306 seats, meaning a 2018-19 season-ticket base of 2,492.

On top of that, the school has sold 158 mini ticket plans, compared to 33 last season, and in selling tickets for $1 and $5 Friday for their home opener, they have announced it as a sold out game against New Hampshire.

There is no question that Whalen is the reason for that big jump.

“What we’re working hard to accomplish is to make sure that we have Williams Arena the way I remember it, which is sold out and full capacity,” Whalen said. “There is no home-court advantage like it in the country when our fans are behind us and when we play the way we need to play, I think it’s the best home-court advantage in the country.

“I believe with the system we’re trying to run and the kids we’re trying to bring in here, we’re going to make that happen, and have it be every time we take the floor, we have our fans behind us and it’s going to be really hard to come in to Williams Arena and beat us.”

http://www.startribune.com/lindsay-whalen-breaking-records-for-gophers-again/500096131/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom