Do the heating coils still work?

MennoSota

Reaction score
Saturday's game will be played in below freezing conditions. When the Vikings played at TCF they had the field heated. Is that system still operational or was it removed after the Vikings left?

yes, Soccer people used them too

Can fans just bring a lawn chair and sit near the field to warm up? [emoji847]

Dilly Bar Dan will be out there to catch some tan and warm you up.

The hiding Coyle was non-operational winter of 2016. Not sure if the Coyle has been fixed.

The hiding Coyle was non-operational winter of 2016. Not sure if the Coyle has been fixed.

It's pretty amazing that you, as the new everything is black and white pompus elitist, can't figure out that Coyle:

1. Had nothing to do with the EOAA process, and therefore had no reason to explain it. That's on Kaler and his staff.
2. Clayes, not Coyle, is responsible for running the football team. Lack of control of the football team is on Clayes and his staff.

So please explain to me again to what Coyle did wrong since you like to constantly bring it up in non-related threads?

Last edited:

Can fans just bring a lawn chair and sit near the field to warm up? [emoji847]

I like the cups they use for cocoa at the stadium. They are reusable and they aren't quite perfectly insulated so they help keep your hands warm.

I like the cups they use for cocoa at the stadium. They are reusable and they aren't quite perfectly insulated so they help keep your hands warm.
I think I'd need three cups. One for each hand and one for my junk. [emoji41]

I use mine to bring coffee to work every day. Reuse! SKI U MAH !

Why would they remove a brand new heating coil system? Seems like it would cost a lot of money to take it out.

Why would they remove a brand new heating coil system? Seems like it would cost a lot of money to take it out.

I think after the Vikings left there was some discussion about removing them because the Gophers wouldn't use them that often in a typical season and the maintenance can be expensive. In the end I think they kept the coils.

I think after the Vikings left there was some discussion about removing them because the Gophers wouldn't use them that often in a typical season and the maintenance can be expensive. In the end I think they kept the coils.

I find this about as plausible as stadium expansion talk...

I don't know what the system entails but I'm guessing removal would have cost a lot more than multiple years of maintenance. Rarely do you want to go backwards in terms of what your stadium has.

Should turn them off to slow down Purdue.

Possibly also flood the field and let it freeze

Especially since the other option would be to simply turn them off and not maintain them.

I find this about as plausible as stadium expansion talk...

I don't know what the system entails but I'm guessing removal would have cost a lot more than multiple years of maintenance. Rarely do you want to go backwards in terms of what your stadium has.

Especially since the other option would be to simply turn them off and not maintain them.

That's just what was said at the time, don't shoot the messenger.

That never happened. In fact, they replaced and upgraded some of the system when they replaced the turf.

That's just what was said at the time, don't shoot the messenger.

That never happened either. There was no "discussion" about removing it.

Last edited:

That never happened. In fact, they replaced and upgraded some of the system when they replaced the turf.

So will they be turned on today?

Settle down, there was discussion here on Gopher Hole, a link was posted in this thread.

I was talking to the parent of one of the players at our tailgate on Saturday, and he said that MN isn't using or will be ripping out the heating coils at TCF Bank Stadium. I thought that sounded silly and probably wrong that we'd rip them out, but anyone know if we're actually still using them for games?

Should turn them off to slow down Purdue.

Possibly also flood the field and let it freeze

Didn't stop OJ when they let the grass grow (1968) but maybe freezing is the answer for today.

Top Bottom