STrib: The best Minnesota players in college basketball who aren't Gophers

Davison will be a nice player at Wisconsin. Mckinley will be nice player at Colorado. Washington, Carr, and Kalscheur will be very good too next 3 years. Looking at the glass half full, if our guys play the way I think they will next 3 years, they should be just as good if not better than those 2 guys.

Sims will be a nice player at Texas. He hasn't started his career going gangbusters or anything at texas. Hopefully he will eventually. I feel like i already have that player on my roster with Omersa. Will Sims be that much better in his career than Omersa? Maybe, but im putting my money on Omersa right now.

Reid Travis would have been a great get! People are saying that they would have him rather than Oturu. Travis has put up some great numbers the last 2 years. He's a monster. Now i fully expect Oturu to have those same numbers by his senior year too. Can't really compare the 2 because ones a 5th year senior and ones a freshman. Would have loved him here. He would of made us a great team.

Jones obviously would have also been a gamechanger! Would have changed alot around here. Would have been unbelievable to have him on our team. Unfortunately, he went to Duke, but i still like what we have at the guard position next 4 years.

Would have been really nice to get Travis and Jones obviously, but i dont feel the other guys with who we have on our roster are huge misses!

Would definitely take Jericho over Jarvis. Similar players, but Jericho is NBA athletic.

Would definitely take Jericho over Jarvis. Similar players, but Jericho is NBA athletic.

That may be, and i hope Jericho picks things up. We will see how the year goes for him, but as of now hes in year 2 and isnt lighting it up or anything where im screaming i have to have this guy!

Coming from a verified moron ...a true complement

Oh, DAMN! Get me to a burn center, pronto!

What an absolute stupid premise to determine the value a player has to his school by the check he cashes as a professional.

Looking forward to your response, which I am certain to be forthcoming because your skin is too thin to simply STFU.

Reid Travis is still playing basketball? I heard he had dimentia.

Meh. I don’t care about non-gophers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consider the guys we got from out of state. I will start with Stockman from Norway. Many here have had him in light regard. That will change well before this season is up. FWIW, our 3 in state Freshmen should change the way the local talent looks at the Gophers. This could be a very good year playing kids that want to be Gophers.

Last edited:

Consider the guys we got from out of state. I will start with Stockman from Norway. Many here have had him in light regard. That will change well before this season is up. FWIW, our 3 in state Freshmen should change the way the local talent looks at the Gophers. This could be a very good year playing kids that want to be Gophers.

I agree, I like our players and really have no desire for these kids that went elsewhere! The local kids better jump on the train soon, because Pitino is going to have good teams with or without the local kids. By all means, I think Pitino would like our team to be built with MN kids, but the days will soon be gone when local kids think they are "too good" to play for the U. The marquee will shine bright on the U as a perennial B1G contender and a tourney lock team.

What is the point outside of rubbing it in that some good players have gone out state. He could have just gone over the success of these players instead of claiming they would be starters.

How many of these players do you think would actually start in place of any current Gophers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To get clicks from readers in the twin cities?

Travis is old news, and if Stanford academics were such a big deal for him as we were told, I am not sure why he is passing up another year of soaking that up. I do not see much of an NBA shelf life for him.

Sims has a huge upside, but Pitino does not seem to have a problem finding similar talent

Tre Jones was never coming here, who cares.....move on

Davison has been very good at UW and probably would be at least good here as well, as he is tough, can shoot, makes good decisions, and even goes to the basket a lot.... I think Pitino missed out by not offering sooner (do not feel the same way about Reuvers, they can have him) No he is not Amir Coffey, but he is a very effective point guard who maximizes his strengths.

Wright would be great to have here, as he played well right out of the chute at Colorado, and they guy we ended up instead (if the story is true) looks kind of uncomfortable, lost and even a little off physically out there. It is early so we can only hope IW gets it together.

I'd be real happy to have Wright and Davidson right now at least, but the article was pretty pointless.

Last edited:

Top Bottom