U: Gophers averaging 388.6 yards per game, most in last decade; starting 7 freshmen

There are lots of players to be excite about on both sides. However, they have to immediately stop the demoralizing blood letting explosive plays. Some of this are on the players and the lack of good depth. However, a big blame goes to coaching.

We can't have people miss their gap assignments. With a few exception the tackling is porous. They need to drill tackling, and ball protection for that matter daily. All-in-all, there are glimmers of hope here and there.

I don't know if that's scheme or talent or the scheme not being adjusted to fit the talent, but this aspect of the team has really been horrid this season.

It's like a switch was flipped between the Kill/Claeys and Fleck Eras.

The offense wasn't the team's strength. Now, it's the defense that is the problem child.

I don't know. It seemed to me that David Cobb and company complimented the defense and vice versa. The teams were balanced all the way around. Offense, Defense, and special teams.

I don't know. It seemed to me that David Cobb and company complimented the defense and vice versa. The teams were balanced all the way around. Offense, Defense, and special teams.

If we could run against a team we were ok on offense but if a team stopped our running game the offense was dead in the water for the most part because for many of those years the forward pass was a total mystery to the offense.

Top Bottom