Souhan: As Stress of Coaching Arrives, Reeves is their for Whalen

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.startribune.com/as-stress-of-coaching-arrives-reeve-is-there-for-whalen/500062051/

If Whalen has a coaching question, she can drive a mile or two and chat with the future Hall of Fame coach who guided her career. Although, as the two noted in Whalen's office last week, we live in the age of texting.

A recent Whalen text to Reeve, following a difficult Gophers practice, read: "Coach, did you drink a lot?"

Whalen was joking about the alcohol, but not about the need for diversion. "I've started working out again," she said. "I needed something just for the stress relief. I also wanted to be in a situation where someone was telling me what to do and I wasn't the one making the decisions. Just tell me how many reps."

"The first week of practice I get a text message from Annalese Lamke — she got hit by a car when she was on her moped," Whalen said. "Well, I was already asleep when she texted me. I went to bed at 10 because I was so exhausted by this schedule.

"She was OK, but it made me realize — I always have to have my phone on."

Reeve said, "This is just the beginning. You haven't played a game yet, haven't traveled yet or gone through all of the ups and downs of a season. And things will come up. There are 18-to-22 year olds who will have things come up.

"I've never been around a player turned coach who didn't say, 'I had no idea of all that went into this.' It's a tough, demanding, job. And I think Lindsay is going to be exceptional at it."

Can’t read the article. Subscriber service. Now they black out the margins so you can’t read anything.
I was curious if they really spelled the headline that way. Hope not.

Can’t read the article. Subscriber service. Now they black out the margins so you can’t read anything.

I don't subscribe to the STrib and I could read the article just fine.

My screw up on the headline; hit post as I was reviewing.

Strib online allows 10 free articles. After you read your 10 free articles clear your cache and you’ll be able to read another 10 free articles. Problem fixed! I’ve never paid for subscriber service and have never not been able to read an article with this method.

Last edited:

I don’t have a cache. Does clearing cookies work?

I don’t have a cache. Does clearing cookies work?

You can try it. I have no idea. You want to clear the website data. I read articles on my iPhone and there’s an option for me to clear my website data on safari. There should be an option on whichever browser you use; explorer, chrome, Firefox, etc. Clesr it, close the browser, and open it back up.

Top Bottom