Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Love ya Bob, but you are incredibly off base here. The original 2.5 years was correct. Claeys was fired in January 2017, and Kaler is stepping down as U of M President in July 2019. That's 2.5 years. He is voluntarily leaving a very demanding position, one that he will have held for 8 years by the time he steps down. In modern times, you will rarely find a major university president who lasts longer than 5-6 years in the position.

Moreover, he announced his planned departure from the position a year in advance. When is the last time you heard of someone who was fired for malfeasance and said, "Hey, is it cool if I stick around for another year?"

Additionally, he is not leaving the U. He is serving in an emeritus fundraising role for a year, then serving on the CSE faculty after a sabbatical. Again, when is the last time someone fired for malfeasance was allowed to stay on with the organization?

Your notions are silly and absurd. You're better than this.
    And I love ya DPO, but a U President announcing their resignation the month after the U is named in a lawsuit is way too coincidental to not be related. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would say a 37 that I’m not buying it. Everything else listed are concessions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

Quote Originally Posted by gopherdudepart2 View Post
    He was also fired because he is really overweight. Not trying to weight shame but public image matters in recruiting, and the fact that he was fat was used against him. Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
    Disagree completely

He was fired because he publicly went against both of his bosses

Prior to going against his bosses he let an unfortunate incident become a major national sports story by losing control of his team.

Both of those are fireable offenses IMO.

There isn’t a head coach in the country with a small buyout that would’ve survived that. He completely misplayed the entire incident.

I think if he ever wants a p5 head coaching job again this might be his best shot, however, I would advise anyone to stay away.
    Kansas is probably the worst p5 football job in the country and if their basketball program gets hit with sanctions at some point they’ll also be cash-poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    And I love ya DPO, but a U President announcing their resignation the month after the U is named in a lawsuit is way too coincidental to not be related. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would say a 37 that I’m not buying it. Everything else listed are concessions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Back on your horse, Sir Spoofin? Glad to see you're better. After your pathetic farewell, some people grieved for your well being, but some were confident you would return with your well honed instincts. After you get to the bottom of the mystery surrounding Kaler's departure could you look into the second gunman on the grassy knoll?

Blog Entries

The administrators at the University of Minnesota have gotten exactly what they deserve for doing everything they do at the University of Minnesota. They get credit for what ever results they have gotten for firing TC & the STAFFERS the way they fired them in 2017. They get credit for what ever results they have gotten for paying 3.5 million plus to Fleck to bring his boat and culture ski-u-mah show to the U. They are financially making it in football and men's hoops as long as the Big Ten Conference splits total profits equally with all Big Ten Schools regardless of how the schools compete on the football field and on the men's basketball playing courts. IF the teams at the top of the standings ever start demanding a BIGGER share of the profits based upon the Big Ten Won/Loss records and percentages, theadministrators at the U of M will also be totally deserving of what ever they get. Right now, Rutgers, Illinois and Minnesota get just as much as Michigan, tOSU, Penn State, MSU, wisky, iowa, et al who finisher higher than the GOPHER does.

The administration has given us EVERYTHING we so richly deserve in the eyes of the people who run the University of Minnesota...no more...no less. In essence, we all deserve what prexy k and coyle did to TC & the STAFFERS...and what Dick Pitino and PJ Fleck give us as fans.

The administrators can do what ever they want to do when ever they want to do it...and the results be damned, we the fans get what the administrators have done to us, for us and they deserve everything they get as a result of their actions. And attendance is just one to the factors they can totally change any time they want, in any number of ways. It is what it is. We are what we are. Nothing more...nothing less. The buck stops here. We have gotten what we deserve.

And, right now, prexy k and coyle are giving we fans and the kids playing the games a .200 Big Ten winning percentage with the efforts fo Coach Fleck...yet they get 100% as much Big Ten Network income as Michigan, tOSU, MSU, Iowa, Wisky, PSU, et al. There is no incentive for coyle and prexy k to be concerned what ANY fan thinks about anything. So, right now, coyle's efforts have produced just as much as tOSU, Michigan, PSU, MSU, et al.

Why are GOPHER fans complaining...or defending...or calling each other names in defense of or condemning anything about the U of M? It all IS...what it IS. The Big Ten still shares tv money with us. So it has been...so it will be...
    Last edited by imthewalrus; 11-10-2018 at 10:23 AM.
    .-- .-. . -. .-- .- ... .... . .-. .

; 0 ) ​

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
    Back on your horse, Sir Spoofin? Glad to see you're better. After your pathetic farewell, some people grieved for your well being, but some were confident you would return with your well honed instincts. After you get to the bottom of the mystery surrounding Kaler's departure could you look into the second gunman on the grassy knoll?
    It’s reasonable to think that after his emotions got the better of him during his public relations crusade vs the team, and the SMSS panel rebuked him, and the football staff he helped to oust was replaced with highly paid charlatans, and former players are suing the school for malice, these stressors played a small part of his decision to step back from the spotlight.

Unrelated to the team but during his tenure was there an effort to reduce the top heavy nature of the U? IIRC the U had one of the worst administrative to faculty ratios in the nation a few years back. This relates to tuition, etc. what’s going on in that arena? Tuition going down?

Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    It’s reasonable to think that after his emotions got the better of him during his public relations crusade vs the team, and the SMSS panel rebuked him, and the football staff he helped to oust was replaced with highly paid charlatans, and former players are suing the school for malice, these stressors played a small part of his decision to step back from the spotlight.

Unrelated to the team but during his tenure was there an effort to reduce the top heavy nature of the U? IIRC the U had one of the worst administrative to faculty ratios in the nation a few years back. This relates to tuition, etc. what’s going on in that arena? Tuition going down?
    There have been attempts to do that, but I don't know what the results have been. I think what has happened to some extent is that there has been a re-classification of a lot of staff so that while they are doing the same thing, they are no longer viewed as administrators. But that is just a guess on my part.