Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    They were already on the list. Capel went to UNC.
    Jeff Capel went to Duke. You're thinking of his brother, Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by GophersInIowa View Post
    Jeff Capel went to Duke. You're thinking of his brother, Jason.
    Still a good reason to root against him!

Dick Vitale chimes in:

Go Gophers!!

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    Dick Vitale chimes in:

Go Gophers!!
    Can social networking from key people change the prejudice of the NCAA toward Minnesota? We'll see, but I won't get my hopes up.
    I think Mark the Snake Coyle would work well at the NCAA headquarters. Same shallow thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    Andy Katz has us as an 8 seed, Jerry Palm has us as an 11. Lunardi doesn't even put us on the bubble.
    I stand corrected. I guess I have seen a few outlets that have us missing the tourney. Mostly cbs, yahoo and the like (not that they really know anything though).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay Bilas:

Verified account @JayBilas

Follow Follow @JayBilas

 More

Jay Bilas Retweeted Marcus R. Fuller

There is no legitimate reason for the NCAA to deny the waiver of Marcus Carr. Pitt is not opposing the waiver. This is just wrong. It hurts a player and helps no one. Bad policy. GRANT THE WAIVER, NCAA.

Can this still be appealed? Sorry if this has already been asked ITT.

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    Yes and the U has already filed the paperwork to formally appeal.

Here's a site that describes the opportunity for appeal in civilian speak: https://informedathlete.com/how-we-h...ivers-appeals/
    Section 202

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    Yes, we are currently appealing the ruling.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    Yes, we are currently appealing the ruling.
    Is the appeal a second spin of the wheel or a coin flip? Either way I hope they can speed it up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Is the appeal a second spin of the wheel or a coin flip? Either way I hope they can speed it up a bit.
    by station19 - Quit talking stupid.

Looks like some others were denied today too... Curtis Jones of Oklahoma St (transfer from Indiana) and Carlton Bragg of New Mexico (transfer from Kansas).

I think some of you are making way too big of a deal about this, in relation to how this affects the team. Would the Gophers be better with him? Yes. Should the NCAA have approved the waiver? Probably, given what we've seen in other instances. Does this kill postseason aspirations? No. This team is still deep (knocking on wood for a healthy Curry soon) and talented, even without Carr. I'll be at the game against Utah and am pumped to see them in person for the first time this year.

Create a poll regarding immediate elidgibity of transfers at any point in history other than these past 2 weeks on this board and it’s overwhelmingly against. Carr gets denied for what is a pretty standard transfer and we are burning the place down.

I’ll give you being mad at the inconsistencies, but by all intents of the rule, Carr should be sitting out.
    Last edited by Winasota Gopher; 11-09-2018 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Can social networking from key people change the prejudice of the NCAA toward Minnesota? We'll see, but I won't get my hopes up.
    I think Mark the Snake Coyle would work well at the NCAA headquarters. Same shallow thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Winasota Gopher View Post
    Create a poll regarding immediate elidgibity of transfers at any point in history other than these past 2 weeks on this board and it’s overwhelmkngly against. Carr gets denied for what is a pretty standard transfer and we are burning the place down.

I’ll give you being mad at the inconsistencies, but by all intents of the rule, Carr should be sitting out.
    You are missing the point, people are mad because the rules apply to some and not others. Rules for thee but not for me, is the definition of unfairness and that is why people are upset.