Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    I think that not only does this team get into the NCAA's but they get in as no worse than a 4 seed. Carr can use this to his advantage and by the end have a masters degree like so many others do at other programs. Disappointed but the roster is loaded .
    I've got some maroon colored glasses too but haven't seen any news outlets or college bball sources project us in the ncaa's.

A sig. part of these waiver's are the applicant's academic progress and achievement. Speculating, but I'm guessing something academic held up the decision; and ultimately resulted in the denial.
    Please consider donating to this site; especially if you are a frequent poster.

Mark Smith was given the waiver after his transfer to Missouri. He left due to playing time. Carr’s situation involved a coach being fired and he doesn’t get it? The NCAA continues to find ways to make them look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by LesBolstad View Post
    A sig. part of these waiver's are the applicant's academic progress and achievement. Speculating, but I'm guessing something academic held up the decision; and ultimately resulted in the denial.
    Lazy ass, stereotypical bull****. I’d claim something else but I don’t know you.

Dude was all acc accademics last year.

Quote Originally Posted by GophersInIowa View Post
    Mark Smith was given the waiver after his transfer to Missouri. He left due to playing time. Carr’s situation involved a coach being fired and he doesn’t get it? The NCAA continues to find ways to make them look stupid.
    Thats because apparently Underwood was ok with it whereas Pitt clearly wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by LesBolstad View Post
    Marcus Carr was named to the all-ACC all-Academic team, so I doubt academics were a problem.

BS process. Not transparent enough and as a result, no one knows what to expect or why cases are approved sometimes and not others. The departing schools should have no say. The kid lost his coach. He, and everyone else who loses a coach should have a full set of options to play where they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Winasota Gopher View Post
    Lazy ass, stereotypical bull****. I’d claim something else but I don’t know you.

Dude was all acc accademics last year.
    Speculation dude. Can't you read? If you're implying it was some sort of racial commentary on my part, you are a moron.
    Please consider donating to this site; especially if you are a frequent poster.

Quote Originally Posted by CentralGopher View Post
    I've got some maroon colored glasses too but haven't seen any news outlets or college bball sources project us in the ncaa's.

Andy Katz has us as an 8 seed, Jerry Palm has us as an 11. Lunardi doesn't even put us on the bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by CentralGopher View Post

CBSSports has Minnesota an 11 seed in their projections.

Regardless of whether or not they denied the waiver, it was a garbage move by a garbage organization to wait this long to decide.

Also, with or without him, this team absolutely should be a tourney team.

Quote Originally Posted by GophersInIowa View Post
    Looks like someone at Pitt got a wild hair up their rear in regards to this kid and called in favors to get his waiver sacked. Seems "House of Cards"-ish I know, but that's politics and just would not surprise me. My guess

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Looks like someone at Pitt got a wild hair up their rear in regards to this kid and called in favors to get his waiver sacked. Seems "House of Cards"-ish I know, but that's politics and just would not surprise me. My guess
    Sounds like Gophers are at least appealing.

http://m.startribune.com/gophers-gua...caa/499973932/

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    I’ve seen several people comment about Pitt having something to do with the denial. How would they have anything to do with this?