Marcus Carr Waiver: Appeal Announcement Expected Today (11/14)

Lakers612

Banned
Reaction score
He will not be eligible to play this season. He found out today.

That would not be ideal. However, I'd rather have an answer than just nothing, even if I don't like the answer.

So your source is that Carr liked your tweet you sent him, asking if the NCAA had denied his waiver?

OK then.......

This is pretty big. With him competing and Murphy and Pre being seniors, that gave them a decent chance to get into the NCAAs. This is a big blow to those hopes.

Is there an appeal process?

Jay Bilas weighs in... Can't say I disagree with him...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is pretty big. With him competing and Murphy and Pre being seniors, that gave them a decent chance to get into the NCAAs. This is a big blow to those hopes.

Pretty sure they were already in the appeals process. I have no details on approved waivers this year, but the chance of getting a waiver because of a coach firing was a long shot from the start. This hurts the possibilities, but with what they have and a hopefully recovered Curry, an NCAA appearance, while not assured, is certainly possible.

Jay Bilas weighs in... Can't say I disagree with him...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't like Jay, but he's not in this fight for Marcus Carr. He's in it because he is functionally opposed to the NCAA in virtually all matters. Hard to bark too much without knowing the details and what the difference was in his case than the seemingly endless other approved waivers.

Pretty sure they were already in the appeals process. I have no details on approved waivers this year, but the chance of getting a waiver because of a coach firing was a long shot from the start. This hurts the possibilities, but with what they have and a hopefully recovered Curry, an NCAA appearance, while not assured, is certainly possible.

This should be an NCAA tourney team with or without Carr. He would help of course but I'm hopeful he will still have 3 great seasons here.

And once again the Wheel doesn't spin the Gophers way. Such BS.

I don't like Jay, but he's not in this fight for Marcus Carr. He's in it because he is functionally opposed to the NCAA in virtually all matters. Hard to bark too much without knowing the details and what the difference was in his case than the seemingly endless other approved waivers.

Beginning to be believe they had values attached. :mad:

We were originally expecting him having to sit out and the coach getting fired usually isn't enough for immediate eligibility.

I'm not mad at the ruling in and of itself, just that we had to wait so long, got our hopes and saw several other players get cleared.

We were originally expecting him having to sit out and the coach getting fired usually isn't enough for immediate eligibility.

I'm not mad at the ruling in and of itself, just that we had to wait so long, got our hopes and saw several other players get cleared.

THIS

You think they won't get into the NCAAs without Carr? You're on something wild. Wow

I think that not only does this team get into the NCAA's but they get in as no worse than a 4 seed. Carr can use this to his advantage and by the end have a masters degree like so many others do at other programs. Disappointed but the roster is loaded .

Huh?

You think they won't get into the NCAAs without Carr? You're on something wild. Wow

The fact that you think this team is a lock to get to the tournament is what's wild. We're 1 injury away from Brock Stull or Michael Hurt playing 25 minutes a game.

We should hang the 1997 Final Four banner in protest.

The fact that you think this team is a lock to get to the tournament is what's wild. We're 1 injury away from Brock Stull or Michael Hurt playing 25 minutes a game.

If the team stays healthy, I'll be absolutely shocked if they don't make the tournament.

1. Brock Stull averaged 13 points a game playing over 30 minutes a game the past two years playing against solid D1 competition. When we got him, some people had him pegged starting OVER Dupree. Now, after 1 game, it's like he's viewed on a level with Brady Rudrud or Hunt Conroy. I don't get it.

2. I never said they were a "lock", but the OP said that WITH Carr, we had a "decent chance" just to make the NCAA. That's ludicrous.

If Curry comes back fine, we have our deepest team since the Haskins years. Even if he doesn't, this is a deeper team than we have had in a decade.

I think that not only does this team get into the NCAA's but they get in as no worse than a 4 seed. Carr can use this to his advantage and by the end have a masters degree like so many others do at other programs. Disappointed but the roster is loaded .

I agree we can win a lot of games with the current roster, but the Carr decision is dangerous because it eliminates any margin of error in the backcourt — injuries, other issues, even foul trouble in individual games.

It will, however, assure IW more minutes and help his development. (It also assures Coffey more minutes at PG and may hasten his exit to the nba).

UMN is the whipping child of the NCAA.
If our university letters were UNC we'd be getting our balls licked.

The only upside is you stager Coffey, IW and Carr by a year to have some consistency at the PG position for awhile.

1. Brock Stull averaged 13 points a game playing over 30 minutes a game the past two years playing against solid D1 competition. When we got him, some people had him pegged starting OVER Dupree. Now, after 1 game, it's like he's viewed on a level with Brady Rudrud or Hunt Conroy. I don't get it.

2. I never said they were a "lock", but the OP said that WITH Carr, we had a "decent chance" just to make the NCAA. That's ludicrous.

If Curry comes back fine, we have our deepest team since the Haskins years. Even if he doesn't, this is a deeper team than we have had in a decade.

Yeah I almost replied to his comment about Stull too, but decided not to even bother.

I almost replied w a post just like this. This is the deepest team of my lifetime WITHOUT Carr. That does not ensure success. However this team has the most high end ability players since the FF team.

The only reason we absolutely need Carr this year is if we dont think Gabe can start, then we need another guard.

Regardless, this ruling is a complete farce.

I almost replied w a post just like this. This is the deepest team of my lifetime WITHOUT Carr. That does not ensure success. However this team has the most high end ability players since the FF team.

The only reason we absolutely need Carr this year is if we dont think Gabe can start, then we need another guard.

Regardless, this ruling is a complete farce.

Last years team had more high end talent with Mason and Lynch and the most complete starting 5 in the conference at the start of the year.

We must’ve forgot to send money to the NCAA that could explain why he’s not eligible

Curious as to how we’re one injury away from Hurt playing 25 minutes per game. Did I miss the part where he plays PG? Like, lets say IW misses 4 games. That would suck. But it would mean we’d see a lot more Dupree, Gabe and Coffey. There are 200 minutes per game. You don’t have to give a random bench guy 25 if you don’t want to.

Top Bottom