Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
    This is meaningless. Charles Buggs was the star one year!
    I can't believe we are still talking about this. There was never a real reason to think he'd be eligible.
    Didn't you mean one game? on Buggs
    Agreed, until a lot of people were declared eligible with less reason by the NCAA. Pitt not cooperating is the only reason he wasn't declared eligible imo At the very least the decisions do seem random.

Quote Originally Posted by 60's Guy View Post
    Didn't you mean one game? on Buggs
    Agreed, until a lot of people were declared eligible with less reason by the NCAA. Pitt not cooperating is the only reason he wasn't declared eligible imo At the very least the decisions do seem random.
    He was the star of the M&G scrimmage one year - dont we wish it had been the entire year? (One of my favorite sarcastic Pitino quotes pertained to CB watching the NCAA Tournament. "I'm very impressed - had no idea he was interested in basketball")
    Not that I dont look for good things from Carr.
    And not that the NCAA's decisions haven't always seemed random. If only we'd known to have that woman write papers for everyone in the class, I think we'd been ok.

Quote Originally Posted by NWMetroGopherFan View Post
    The Pitt AD is on the board that approves/denies waivers. Carr never had a chance from the beginning, they would never admit their own athletic department was toxic, even after they paid their coach 10 million to leave.
    Built says the criteria was not met by Carr. Nothing to do with Pitt!!!!

Built.

Quote Originally Posted by manderson1984 View Post
    Justin Fields was from Georgia or at least played HS ft ball in Georgia. Georgia must've let go. I'm with you though, the NCAA needs to just make a rule and stick with it. This grey area has lead to a larger mess. Most graduate programs are 18 months, make all transfers wait a year or have none of them. Or make specific rule s like a coaching being fired.
    The ncaa is corrupt. Ncaa rules and criteria are meant to be broken and ignored. By some. M

Built.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnBurner View Post
    Built says the criteria was not met by Carr. Nothing to do with Pitt!!!!

Built.
    Actually i posted that Pitt may have had something to do with it. Read the NCAA transfer process. Always do research to get the info you can, always.

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    Actually i posted that Pitt may have had something to do with it. Read the NCAA transfer process. Always do research to get the info you can, always.
    Always see reality. Always.

The ncaa and the process you reference is as corrupt as any process can be. This is proven correct repeatedly.

Believe the ncaa all you want.

The ncaa and the process you reference is as corrupt as any process can be. This is proven correct repeatedly.

It’s essentially the same as the mshsl process for immediate transfer eligibility.
    I would rather them go back to hardly ever granting waivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Some guy View Post
    It’s essentially the same as the mshsl process for immediate transfer eligibility.
    I would rather them go back to hardly ever granting waivers.
    No worries. This spring at the coaches convention they will pass that if your coach leaves or is fired then players can transfer without sitting out. All that will be left then are the guys that just want to change schools and that will still be the largest category but those will be sitting one year.

Agree, believe what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
    He was the star of the M&G scrimmage one year - dont we wish it had been the entire year? (One of my favorite sarcastic Pitino quotes pertained to CB watching the NCAA Tournament. "I'm very impressed - had no idea he was interested in basketball")
    Not that I dont look for good things from Carr.
    And not that the NCAA's decisions haven't always seemed random. If only we'd known to have that woman write papers for everyone in the class, I think we'd been ok.
    Ah, missed it. I was referring to...was it the Iowa game?....where he had like 17 points in the first half, plus ya know blocked a shot, got rebounds, made a pass he normally couldn't etc....and was just generally a fantasy begging the question of who is this guy? Maybe there was another flash minute in another game somewhere but except for all the head scratching negative plays he was invisible for much of the year...anyway, that's my memory of his season on the court.

Pitino can be awesome with quotes! That's a keeper for sure.
    Last edited by 60's Guy; 02-10-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    No worries. This spring at the coaches convention they will pass that if your coach leaves or is fired then players can transfer without sitting out. All that will be left then are the guys that just want to change schools and that will still be the largest category but those will be sitting one year.
    Oh great, just in time to screw Minnesota again.

Quote Originally Posted by 60's Guy View Post
    Ah, missed it. I was referring to...was it the Iowa game?....where he had like 17 points in the first half, plus ya know blocked a shot, got rebounds, made a pass he normally couldn't etc....and was just generally a fantasy begging the question of who is this guy? Maybe there was another flash minute in another game somewhere but except for all the head scratching negative plays he was invisible for much of the year...anyway, that's my memory of his season on the court.

Pitino can be awesome with quotes! That's a keeper for sure.
    Yes, I'd forgotten that game.
    The crazy thing is that he was invisible before he got here too - it was impossible to find anything more than a small mention of him & where he was playing on the web.
    I often wondered if he was having absence seizures. They're very hard to diagnose, and his behavior seemed so inexplicable.

When it comes to next year, I certainly hope Marcus Carr is the savior at PG everyone is praying for.

Quote Originally Posted by big10guy View Post
    When it comes to next year, I certainly hope Marcus Carr is the savior at PG everyone is praying for.

Very doubtful with Murphy gone. He would have been the perfect complementary piece for this year's team but next year we will need someone to step up at the 4.

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveMilesTarver View Post
    Very doubtful with Murphy gone. He would have been the perfect complementary piece for this year's team but next year we will need someone to step up at the 4.
    A healthy Curry and Oturu will make for a very good front court. Depth is a concern until we sign another big guy, but our starting lineup should be good.